Signed by Cowboys Cowboys to sign LS Jake McQuaid The L.P. Ladouceur era is over

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

After 16 seasons, the L.P. Ladouceur era in Dallas is over with the Cowboys and the club is talking with with long snapper Jake McQuaid of the Rams, according to sources. Ladouceur spent 16 seasons with the Cowboys and would have set the franchise record for most games played in 2021. He played in 253 games, two behind the all-time leader Jason Witten. Ladouceur, 40, did not have a poor snap in his entire career. McQuaid would be reunited with coordinator John Fassel and kicker Greg Zuerlein.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Best WR group in the NFL.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
If you guys are curious how powerful the Cowboys marketing arm is, people are genuinely upset that we’re replacing a 40 year old long snapper.

Now use this as an opportunity to think about what other players you may have been manipulated into overvaluing thanks to an annual multi-million dollar media campaign.
Marketing? Tf are you talking about? The Cowboys have literally never marketed LP. Do you know what marketing means?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There's been no drop off with LP, but the time was going to come sooner or later for the Cowboys to find a replacement. McQuaide was available so they went ahead and pulled the trigger. McQuaide has been a Pro Bowler so it's not a bad signing at all; and he's seven years younger than Ladouceur..

Probably age is the main thing. Ladouceur could go for several more years, but Dallas might have seen the opportunity to get a player as good who is more likely to go several more years. If he had signed elsewhere and Ladouceur decided to call it quits after he got the record, then we would have missed out on the opportunity to add McQuaide.

Ladouceur might end up lasting longer, but I think it's a calculated risk that McQuaide will.

jnday

Reaction score
All positions should be eligible for the Hall of Fame. We take his job as routine but there's a real art and talent to it that he has mastered. His margin for error is much smaller than his teammates. He's directly responsible for putting points on the board and affecting field position. Seems pretty important to me.

If he doesn't get in then you're right, no LS should and that's a real shame because the HOF should tell the entire story of the game and long snapping is a part of that story.
Exactly. The long snappers over the years didn’t create the position or it’s responsibilities. Having the position being so undervalued is not fair to the LSs that have played the game and practiced just as hard perfecting their craft as any other position. Having a player at any position that has played perfect football for 16 years is an accomplishment that deserves to be in the HOF. Letting a perfect player walk that cost less than one million a year is typical of the Jones’s team building strategy.

jnday

Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling that if the Cowboys re-signed Ladouceur they would be getting hate for keeping a 40 year old snapper while other teams are making big moves?

Dallas' big move was on March 8. Best just to accept that and get ready for the draft.
I have never seen a fan complain about the only perfect player on the roster. LP made the position so worry-free that most knowledgeable fans knew that LA was not a position that they needed to be concerned about. He could have played until he was 60 IMO if he continued playing perfect football for his position.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Please update your roster predictions from "the Frenchie" to "the Scottie" accordingly.