Twitter: Cowboys to sign OL Marcus Martin

cowboyec

Reaction score
They should , but it hasn't happened yet.

I know about the broken leg, but you would have to show me where "knee injury #3" comes from?
I believe broken leg and knee injury occured in Az....knee injury #2 I thought was in NE or Cle...#3 with us.
point being....he does have an injury history and Im sure that played apart in them moving on.
matters not,he's a 9er now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe broken leg and knee injury occured in Az....knee injury #2 I thought was in NE or Cle...#3 with us.
point being....he does have an injury history and Im sure that played apart in them moving on.
matters not,he's a 9er now.

It matters if it's not accurate.

Just like claims that Cooper was "average" or on the same level as Marcus Martin.

Inaccurate and unsupported.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Just like claims that Cooper was "average" or on the same level as Marcus Martin.

in 2014 and 2015....while still with Az he injured his knee.
With NE he injured his right foot.
knee injury #3 occured with us.

And Ive always said he did a good job with us.
BUT with his injury history,an up-grade was needed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in 2014 and 2015....while still with Az he injured his knee.
With NE he injured his right foot.
knee injury #3 occured with us.

2 knee injuries, not 3, that was my point. And none of them severe as far as I know. I realize he's had a history, but at the same time, we should be accurate.

And Ive always said he did a good job with us.
BUT with his injury history,an up-grade was needed.

An "upgrade" we have yet to get. That's my other point.

cowboyec

Reaction score
2 knee injuries, not 3, that was my point. And none of them severe as far as I know. I realize he's had a history, but at the same time, we should be accurate.

An "upgrade" we have yet to get. That's my other point.
You didnt read my post.
I said knee injury #3 was WITH US.
knee injury #1 & #2 were with Az.
that is accurate....whether you choose to believe it is up to you.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didnt read my post.
I said knee injury #3 was WITH US.
knee injury #1 & #2 were with Az.
that is accurate....whether you choose to believe it is up to you.

I choose not to.

Until I see proof that he had multiple significant knee injuries in Arizona.

blueblood70

Reaction score

technically he was a bust and considered average to where he was chosen in the draft, his expectations were through the roof and the fact he had done nothing up to this point..he played well but nothing that sparked an interest to bring him back or they would have..where he went didnt even promise him a startng job, it wasn't a lot of money but the coaches have much more tape and real world eyes on these guys and im sure theres good reason Coop wasn't brought back..I could have lived with him another year but i imagine that last injury sealed the deal..we already have too much risk with Smith and Now Collins back, we cant have third liability on the line..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
technically he was a bust and considered average to where he was chosen in the draft, his expectations were through the roof and the fact he had done nothing up to this point..

To the point before the Cowboys had signed him? Sure, injuries had derailed his career to that point. But that's exactly how the Cowboys could get a player with that much talent and a former 7th overall pick for next to nothing.

he played well but nothing that sparked an interest to bring him back or they would have..where he went didnt even promise him a startng job, it wasn't a lot of money

It was $5 million bucks! With a two million dollar signing bonus and a two million dollar salary. He more than doubled what the Cowboys paid him last year. If you don't know, don't talk.

but the coaches have much more tape and real world eyes on these guys and im sure theres good reason Coop wasn't brought back..

The same "coaches" that screwed up the whole thing thinking Chaz Green was better? Yeah, what they think is worthless.

I could have lived with him another year but i imagine that last injury sealed the deal..we already have too much risk with Smith and Now Collins back, we cant have third liability on the line..

More of the same fandom response.

If they brought him back? "Great! Good move, go Cowboys!"

If they didnt? "Great! Good move, go Cowboys!"

It's the same pattern you've been called out for before. Whatever they do is great with you.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'd be all over Vea there, even though I love Hernandez.

I'd love a scenario where they nab Vea and could somehow trade back into the end of the round and get Hernandez too. Wishful thinking.

Draft Vea if there at 19, and then would our 2nd and 3rd be too much to get back up to grab Hernandez?
Our 2nd and our 4th, not comps, be too little?
Adding two solid studs to the trenches on both sides would give this team the ability to possibly actually dominate, quicker than any other positional add IMO.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft Vea if there at 19, and then would our 2nd and 3rd be too much to get back up to grab Hernandez?
Our 2nd and our 4th, not comps, be too little?
Adding two solid studs to the trenches on both sides would give this team the ability to possibly actually dominate, quicker than any other positional add IMO.

Getting back into the end of round 1 would cost Dallas their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick, and maybe a little more than that. The price would be steep.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Getting back into the end of round 1 would cost Dallas their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick, and maybe a little more than that. The price would be steep.
I was thinking the same,, probably worth it if we walked away with both of those players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking the same,, probably worth it if we walked away with both of those players.

I might agree to such a price, if they did something at linebacker and safety in free agency prior to the draft.

Get Navarro Bowman or Derrick Johnson at linebacker and sign Tre Boston?

Yeah, then sign me up for that deal.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Jerry granted both of Paul Alexander's wishes.

1) Offensive line needs Martin under a new contract
2) Sign a big name guy like Joe Thomas.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I might agree to such a price, if they did something at linebacker and safety in free agency prior to the draft.

Get Navarro Bowman or Derrick Johnson at linebacker and sign Tre Boston?

Yeah, then sign me up for that deal.
Could be a draft day deal, we do have a little ammo at WR for a draft day trade.