Cowboys To Sign RB Lache Seastrunk?

jnday

Reaction score
Some of the local media have said that the Cowboys had a deal with McFadden before Murray made his decision to leave. They say the Cowboys didn't want to sign him before Murray made his decision because they wanted the fans to think they tried hard to retain Murray but that Murray made the decision to leave. They implied the Cowboys were just making a show for the fans when they bumped up the offer to Murray but they knew at that point he would not take it.

The implication is that the Cowboys were giddy to get McFadden and think he has more talent than Murray.

I hear all of this on local sports talk radio. Reporters will say things on air that they won't put in print.

I was thinking Murray was gone during mid season last year when they was running him in the ground. As for DMac, I think they must have watched old college highlight clips to form that opinion. Jerry wanted to draft him and the man-crush continues.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
That's my thinking. If he didn't want to continue playing, he wouldn't. And he wouldn't be reaching out to the Cowboys to "holler at" him.

Reaching out to the Cowboys is him responding to someone he passed on the street yelling a question at him and he responded have them holler at me?

I am sure he has a number he would love to play for, is that a number anyone is willing to pay is the question.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Lache Seastrunk
Height: 5094
Weight: 201
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.53
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 41 1/2
Broad Jump: 11'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.36
3-Cone Drill: 6.81

Lance Dunbar
Height: 5081
Weight: 205
40 Yrd Dash: 4.47
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.54
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 11
Vertical Jump: 35
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 6.87

Is Dunbar really 205? The listed weight I saw on him was 190.

Hardline

Reaction score
The last time I was excited about Seastrunk is when the Texas Longhorns were recruiting him.He chose Baylor.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As for DMac, Jerry wanted to draft him and the man-crush continues.

It doesn't work that way any more. With Stephen, Jason and others now in the mix it's a group decision and Jerry doesn't have the final say any more. Ask Johnny Football.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

I'm not sure why he has surfed around practice squad's but this little highlight reel has my attention. Hopefully he becomes someone to rally around......

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

I'm not sure why he has surfed around practice squad's but this little highlight reel has my attention. Hopefully he becomes someone to rally around......

His ability to change directions in a dime reminds me of Reggie Bush when he was at USC.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
They don't say differently, though. It's the fans that say differently. What did they do after they lost Murray? Went out and signed McFadden for no guaranteed money. Then they went out and said going into the draft they were not necessarily going to take a RB. And they didn't draft a RB. Even at the point in the draft when they could have and when they had options available. They took a swing OT. After the draft? Then the reportedly were looking at WRs. After the draft? They added one back--who've they've just let go.

The fact that they looked at a couple of guys they didn't end up signing means very little. Signing Seastrunk? He's just a upgrade for that RB4 guy they always bring into camp to take carries so they can run their drills without overworking the three who are actually going to be on the roster.

It looks much more to me like they actually do like the guys they've got, but that they're interested in churning the bottom of that position group, too. That's not a surprise, given what we've seen them do to motivate guys with competition at a position group already.

If they were really interested in addressing RB, and if they really had missed the boat re: the draft, they'd be doing what they did two off seasons ago at OT and filling a bunch of their extra roster spots with CFAs. Or like they did last year at DE. And like they're doing this season at LB. Instead, they've got 4 spots allocated to the position and all their doing is toggling that RB4. That's hardly a commitment.

And I want to be clear, I don't love our RBs. They're all question marks and injury risks in my book. I may like a couple of the candidates better than others--and I love William's as a longshot just because of his personality, but I don't love what we've done at that position at all. I just believe it's pretty obvious at this point that the team likes its options better than we do. At the very least, I think they want to see how these guys handle the work before they consider moving a bottom-roster player or a late pick to bring in anybody else.

Very well stated and reasoned.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of the write ups Ive read on Seastrunk say that he is an acceptable pass protector. That would be the mosr you could say about Randle as well.

The biggesr questions with Seastrunk making any kind of impact ( or the final roster for that matter) are

- Can run the play or will he bounce outside.

- He keeps his legs moving during contact, but can run with power at the NFL level?

- How good or limited is he as a receiver. Not something he was ever known for

He is a guy that offers potentially the best blend of power and speed on the roster, amd outside of McFadden is probably the most physically gifted back on the roster.

He's and underdog, but I think has a shot to be a contributor. However that probably says more about the backs on hand then it does about Seastrunk

bodi

Reaction score

His stone hands as a recevier out of the backfield and poor pass protection skills

At Baylor, Seastrunk actually recorded more drops (10) than receptions (9) in his two-year college career. During his final season as a Bear, Lache didn’t record a single catch.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Some of the local media have said that the Cowboys had a deal with McFadden before Murray made his decision to leave. They say the Cowboys didn't want to sign him before Murray made his decision because they wanted the fans to think they tried hard to retain Murray but that Murray made the decision to leave. They implied the Cowboys were just making a show for the fans when they bumped up the offer to Murray but they knew at that point he would not take it.

The implication is that the Cowboys were giddy to get McFadden and think he has more talent than Murray.

I hear all of this on local sports talk radio. Reporters will say things on air that they won't put in print.

I tend to buy into this, and is why murray jumped on the philly deal. they did not contact murray in the week or so prior to him signing with philly.
Garrett and romo wanted to keep Murray but the jones boys wanted McF.
and if he isnt hurt he will start game 1 over randle or other backs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

good video, it is hard to break into a starting role, or even make a team when not drafted high.
If they keep him around, and our guys get hurt, then he might get a chance to play.

chagus

Reaction score
Bleupretty post: 6148605 said:

Im actually pretty optimistic about this signing. The kid has cuts and serious speed. We've not had a runner like this in sometime. Running behind this line will yield plenty of homerun opprotunities.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I actually like Seastrunk as a developmental guy. However, the questions that Mr. darthseinfeld asked are legitimate questions. Can he pick up a blitz and can he catch well enough to be a threat out of the backfield? The big question, IMO is will he run the play as designed or will he try to make every run a broken field back yard play?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was thinking Murray was gone during mid season last year when they was running him in the ground. As for DMac, I think they must have watched old college highlight clips to form that opinion. Jerry wanted to draft him and the man-crush continues.

Nope. You don't need to go back to college game footage to see excellent physical ability displayed by McFadden. I've reviewed many of his NFL games on the ALL-22 and he looked really good when he had any blocking at all. He still looked great physically in 2014. There are other types of RBs that would do better with bad blocking. He is a bit of a longer strider and is a 1 cut and get up-field type. Neither of those are conducive to being hit in the backfield. A dancing type RB would do better behind Oakland's OLine.