Cowboys to visit with WR Randall Cobb

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have no issues bringing him in but has anyone actually watched him last year? Did he look broken down?

He seemed fairly productive in 2017. If you get the 2017 version to go with Gallup and Cooper and Hurns comes back healthy, that's not a terrible 1-4 at WR.
His first game he had over 100 vs Chicago with a 75 yd reception. By game 3 he suffered a hamstring injury that bothered him all through the season. As the hammy was improving he then suffered a concussion late in the season.

Sydla

Reaction score
His first game he had over 100 vs Chicago with a 75 yd reception. By game 3 he suffered a hamstring injury that bothered him all through the season. As the hammy was improving he then suffered a concussion late in the season.

Good stuff.

If the price is right, I am on board. If healthy seems like an ideal #3.

conner01

Reaction score
I agree, BUT, if the price is right....Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Austin, Wilson sounds pretty good to me. With Zeke, an improved OL, Witten, whomever we add through the draft and free agency, and fresh ideas from the new OC, the potential for an improved offense is exciting to me.
If we moved on from Hurns I could see it
Hurns is pretty expensive to add another guy with

stiletto

Reaction score
Like Alex Smith in Washington, you have to wonder if Hurns will be completely ready anyways. Cobb would be a good depth signing. If he is healthy he'd be the best 3rd WR in the league IMO.

ICP

Reaction score
This sounds like a Dallas move. Cobbs had three consecutive down years and been oft injured in those years. Cowboys bring him in and lowball with base salary and offer incentives

Carson

Reaction score
Like Alex Smith in Washington, you have to wonder if Hurns will be completely ready anyways. Cobb would be a good depth signing. If he is healthy he'd be the best 3rd WR in the league IMO.

Agreed. Hurns is due up to 6.25 million as well.

Safe insurance

perrykemp

Reaction score
He's 28 years old. He's not washed up. Stop.

His first game in the NFL was the week after he turned 21.

This season will be his 9th in the NFL.

While he is not "old" in the conventional sense, he <does> have a lot of miles on treads.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. Hurns is due up to 6.25 million as well.

Safe insurance

Hurns salary is 4M.

He can make up to 1M more in incentives.

The 6.25M number is cap hit not what he will get paid. The extra 1.25M is from the bonus that he has already received but that was prorated over the 2 year contract.

Carson

Reaction score
Hurns salary is 4M.

He can make up to 1M more in incentives.

The 6.25M number is cap hit not what he will get paid. The extra 1.25M is from the bonus that he has already received but that was prorated over the 2 year contract.

So you’re basically saying he is getting paid too much lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So we sign neither! Blasphemy

This is standard for this snail's pace negotiation tactic they go with.

For example, Cameron Fleming visited on March 18 last year. He did not sign until the 29th.

Not only are they thrifty. They apparently like to think about it before they do it.

mldardy

Reaction score
His first game in the NFL was the week after he turned 21.

This season will be his 9th in the NFL.

While he is not "old" in the conventional sense, he <does> have a lot of miles on treads.
105 games in 8 years with 73 starts in not a lot of miles. If you sign him to a short term contract it's fine.