Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First question that arises is why would the best D mind in the game be willing to part with a DE? Because he got into it with his coach and if Belichick is willing to let him go for a 7th, I wouldn't be celebrating just yet. Bennett is because he knows he can get by with a lot more in Dallas than on a team that means accountability. A 7th is better than nothing because he probably would have just released him outright.

Team gets rid of a player for disrespecting a coach in front of the team and where would have been your first guess would welcome him in the locker room?

Belichick traded away Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins and Logan Mankins.

Those 3 players have all been All-Pro at points in their career.

Belichick cut Jonathan Cooper and the Cowboys got a good season out of him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of it is expectations. Coming here, he has to know that Dallas already has starting ends in Lawrence and Quinn and his role is going to be playing some base end in a rotation and some nickel interior pass rusher. In those two roles, though, he can pick up quite a few snaps.

I think the way they used him was probably a bigger issue than the number of snaps.

Batman1980

Reaction score
He hates Texas. He has nothing to do with Texas A&M anymore. He detests the Cowboys for what they "did" to his brother. He lied about being racially profiled by Las Vegas police. He's been a cancer where he's been.

And he's a first class a-hole. Enough with these types.

Michael_Bennett_Bike_Charity_Auction_Seahawks_Packers.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belichick traded away Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins and Logan Mankins.

Those 3 players have all been All-Pro at points in their career.

Belichick cut Jonathan Cooper and the Cowboys got a good season out of him.
He did that for cap reasons, this was more than that as he'd butted heads with his position coach and Belichick benched him.

I think it was known that he was expendable to the Pats and the Cowboys went after him. They'd better hope they can make him happy and Richard does have some history but he's very much an inconsistent player.

If he'll tee off on one of Belichick's coaches, what do you think he'd do to one of Garrett's if he's unhappy?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did that for cap reasons, this was more than that as he'd butted heads with his position coach and Belichick benched him.

There was a personality related issue with Logan Mankins and Belichick/coaches.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of these posts are far fetched. He won't play a down, he's inconsistent, he's a cancer, he said he hated Dallas, etc... Please stop torturing yourselves, over this pick. Nothing you can say or do matters.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Some of these posts are far fetched. He won't play a down, he's inconsistent, he's a cancer, he said he hated Dallas, etc... Please stop torturing yourselves, over this pick. Nothing you can say or do matters.

On one hand, people getting hyped is all about a big "what if". On the other hand, people arguing the opposite is also a big "what if".

It's a discussion on a discussion board, let them be.

Besides, that's "just like..your opinion man"

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On one hand, people getting hyped is all about a big "what if". On the other hand, people arguing the opposite is also a big "what if".

It's a discussion on a discussion board, let them be.

Besides, that's "just like..your opinion man"

Some of this OPINION is passed off as truth man.

Reactions: CWR

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He’s a productive player who’s a locker room cancer. He was the Eagles best pass rusher last year and they still moved on for very little compensation. Word was he was not a team guy.

A few people have asked- he will kick inside to DT and he plays the run well.

We all know that Philly is full of team guys, lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He hates Texas. He has nothing to do with Texas A&M anymore. He detests the Cowboys for what they "did" to his brother. He lied about being racially profiled by Las Vegas police. He's been a cancer where he's been.

And he's a first class a-hole. Enough with these types.

I don't really care about all that. I care about my team trying to improve. This could blow up in the front office's faces but at least it's an effort. I'd rather see how it turns out than worry about how it might turn out.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

But it does ease the pile of whine inside each person so there's that.

cern

Reaction score
Crawford needed to be replaced even when healthy. I never could figure out why we kept him in the first place. bennett is much better than Crawford.