Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First question that arises is why would the best D mind in the game be willing to part with a DE? Because he got into it with his coach and if Belichick is willing to let him go for a 7th, I wouldn't be celebrating just yet. Bennett is because he knows he can get by with a lot more in Dallas than on a team that means accountability. A 7th is better than nothing because he probably would have just released him outright.

Team gets rid of a player for disrespecting a coach in front of the team and where would have been your first guess would welcome him in the locker room?

DRella

Reaction score
Great pickup for the Cowboys.

He will fit the rotation well and with Quinn, Lawrence and now Bennett we will always have one fresh pass rusher on the field that has a legit chance to get to the QB or at least pressure into mistakes.

People can say that Bennett is a troublemaker or a has been, but in 6 games this far he has 2.5 sacks on a NE team that doesn't have the skill along the line like the Cowboys do.

This is a replacement for Armstrong (injured), Taco (Released) and Gregory (not being reinstated) for a playoff run. Has nothing to do with Quinn's injury.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That coming from the guy who willingly signed w/ the team who is by far the worst at treating players like property!!!!!!
Yep and one of the reasons he's so successful. I wonder if there's some Landry in Belichick. Landry would even learn their name or pronounce it right until he felt they earned it. Parcells wouldn't give them their numbers.

fifaguy

Reaction score
What makes him not an RKG?

Off the top of my head,

Him and his brother has openly stated how they hate the boys. Although Bennett also said he didn't like the Pats, then ended up playing for them.

Believe he assaulted an elderly paraplegic in 2017 at one of the games.

Seems to be the type of player that isn't always motivated to play hard. Hoping that the new home here, will get him get going in full gear because he can play.

Patriots just made him sit a game last week for "detrimental conduct". Going to assuming he was just discontent with the team..? Lack of playing time or whatever.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Patriots also were clearing room to sign Sanu so I wouldn't put too much stock in why the Patriots would let Bennett go. They also look ahead and I don't think they were going to pay Bennett next year.Could have been strictly a business decision.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see all these people celebrating this trade ...... But personally I am not convinced he will ever play a down for us.

He has stated in the past how much he hates the cowboys because of how he feels they treated his little brother.

He has his own personal code and just will not do something he does not want to do, and will not stay quiet about it.

If he really hates the Cowboys like he has said in the past ....... I don't see him agreeing to play here.

I'm very curious about it as well. I was shocked when I read the report that we had traded for him. I figured we would be the last team to do so. I can very easily see this thing going very badly, unless he and Kris Richard have a really close bond that's capable of overriding everything else.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Patriots also were clearing room to sign Sanu so I wouldn't put too much stock in why the Patriots would let Bennett go. They also look ahead and I don't think they were going to pay Bennett next year.Could have been strictly a business decision.

Let's first see how he plays out before a realistic projection comes forward.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That coming from the guy who willingly signed w/ the team who is by far the worst at treating players like property!!!!!!

I agree but I also know the media is going to ask him about those comment. How he handles himself will matter. He either comes off as a hypocrite or he stands by his statement either way not a good situation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hotboyz is throwing fuel on the fire.. have our hot line where its all pass rushers like

Tank, Hyder, Bennett, and Quinn with Jsmith and LVE coming as well..

what was that Old Gnats line they called when they were going to just bring the heat when they needed disruption in 100% pass situations?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Never liked Irving, he was way too much celebrity and not enough football player.

Batman1980

Reaction score
all I heard was mumble mumble mumble..

tenor.gif

erod

Reaction score
Hatred can be tempered by situation. He didn't like how he was being used in New England and wanted out. This defense fits what he does well.
He hates Texas. He has nothing to do with Texas A&M anymore. He detests the Cowboys for what they "did" to his brother. He lied about being racially profiled by Las Vegas police. He's been a cancer where he's been.

And he's a first class a-hole. Enough with these types.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Per Shefter
Man I'm really torn on this. The guy is an absolute garbage human being. He's right at the top of my list for most hated NFL players, but he is a good football player and we got him for next to nothing. I just hope he doesn't become an issue in the locker room.