News: Cowboys training camp: Ezekiel Elliott 'making plans' to leave country amid contract holdout

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Agreed..

Most likely brought things to a halt. And amazing how we really haven’t heard a peep from front office.

I suspect this has caught them as off guard as it has the fans.
I am aligning to your Zeke Is Smart line of thinking on this.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Florio started this whole thing without any legit sources. He’s been pushing this Zeke narrative since around March. I believe he’s now written 6 articles about Zeke.

Exactly. He had written columns with sentences like “If Zeke was smart, he would hold out”. He has crossed the line from reporting on something to advocating for it to actually trying to influence the player.

Zeke will report to camp. Book it.

superonyx

Reaction score
Wentz is a QB... Zeke is not. The 2 ppositions are miles apart as far as how teams view and treat them.

hotels-com-spring-break-sale-captain-obvious-workout-bathroom-large-8.jpg

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Yea we can use the savings to give to another Tyron Crawford type player.

I don’t know why I can’t get excited about the idea of letting the best RB in football walk so we can sign a 2nd tier talent. You can get a disappointment like Tevin Coleman for 5M. That will strike fear in the defensive coordinators hearts.
I can't either. I'd be okay with a back like Joe Mixon, Melvin Gordon, Sony Michel, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Chubb. However, it needs to be someone pretty darn good.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am aligning to your Zeke Is Smart line of thinking on this.
I didn’t actually say he’s smart. I said this potential holdout wanting to get paid now is smart.

And I even conceded it might have been his agents idea. Ha

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I didn’t actually say he’s smart. I said this potential holdout wanting to get paid now is smart.

And I even conceded it might have been his agents idea. Ha
How about this:
You've said on several occasions and on more than one thread that he's smarter than you thought.

So... I'm aligning with your Zeke Is Smarter Than I Thought line of conversation.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Interesting we haven’t extended Dak or Cooper yet.
I think the jones boys have decided these guys are asking for too much, so are holding back.
How long I dont know.
As for EE, I will comment when he actually doesnt report, and then leaves the country lol.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think the jones boys have decided these guys are asking for too much, so are holding back.
How long I dont know.
As for EE, I will comment when he actually doesnt report, and then leaves the country lol.

Zeke can still report for camp and then sit.

Reporting doesn't fix the money issue.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So you call up and say "reporting in," then hold out.

All I know is that players have reported specifically before week 10 in the past to make sure they get that year accrual.
Franchise tagged players need to report by week 10.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Why? Because he wants to be paid?

Zeke ranked 10th in RB average salaries for 2019.

TGurley and Bell ranked #1 and #2.

The math is easy.

Pay Zeke.
Well, for one thing, he is getting paid. He just joins a long long long long list of players that have outplayed their rookie contract. Part of being an NFL player. Keep your nose clean and perform and the money comes on the next contract.

My problem is the keeping your nose clean. Red Flag x 3
Now if the rumors are true on a holdout, Red Flag

Him becoming one of my least liked players has nothing to do with his on the field performance, it's the fine line he seems to be walking on the off the field conduct and now him thinking the Cowboys should be backing the Brinks truck up to his front door DESPITE his shaky off the field conduct.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it would be deliciously ironic if Zeke held out and, lo and behold, the Cowboys pass their way to the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Zeke the RB and believe the team is better with him. If he holds out, though, I hope Moore is given free and creative reign to unlease a passing attack.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
We need Zeke extended/not holding out. If Zeke holds out, you can say hello to Jason Garrett being the coach again in 2020-2021. It would be one more excuse for Jerry to keep him when he inevitably disappoints yet again.

Extend Zeke ASAP for that reason alone!

Verdict

Reaction score
4 more days until report day. Then even if Zeke doesn't get there until 1st practice day, so what.

Florio and the media and even some on here are like junior high drama. I think some on here want him to hold out so they can continue their whine fest about him.

I find myself agreeing with you regularly. Has the seventh seal been broken and the four horsemen of the apocalypse upon us?