News: Cowboys training camp: Ezekiel Elliott 'making plans' to leave country amid contract holdout

aria

Reaction score
Yep.. sure looks like it. Dallas media is all reporting.

The kid is sharper than I thought. Jerry might let this go into the season and see how we do without him.
You’re giving him too much credit, he’s doing what his agent is telling him to do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Bunch of tough talk in this thread over a "league" source lol.

Just a reminder Florio is a hack:cool:

Still no luck on that Dez tape?

No worries I'll just make up a story about Zeke holding out and going outta the country..

Cowboy fans hook line and sinker!
Exactly. Some fans just die for some negativity so they can come here and try and gloat.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Zeke decides to sit out. Jerry, give me John Dorsey’s phone number. Jerry to John. What u want for that Duke Johnson playa.. ok Done Deal... next Day Zeke reports to camp.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans thought we were going to be able to ride the Elliott horse for another 2 years and then let him walk without extending him a hefty 2nd contract.

But he’s put the brakes on it. As much as it could hurt this season and beyond I always respect someone for making a smart call.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cowboy fans thought we were going to be able to ride the Elliott horse for another 2 years and then let him walk without extending him a hefty 2nd contract.

But he’s put the brakes on it. As much as it could hurt this season and beyond I always respect someone for making a smart call.
Did your magic 8-ball tell all of this?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Then he’s smart for hiring a good agent and listening to him.
Aria just a hater. How you giving someone too much credit for hiring people that do a good job for you? Isn’t that why you’re supposed to hire people that do things that you’re not as versed on?

cern

Reaction score
The holdout is the only hard bargaining chip a player holds. Lee roy Jordan did it. Too tall jones did it. Fran tarkenton did it. Zeke isn't the first. He won't be the last.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Aria just a hater. How you giving someone too much credit for hiring people that do a good job for you? Isn’t that why you’re supposed to hire people that do things that you’re not as versed on?
I guess so.

My bigger point is no one really saw this coming this year. If so certainly haven’t discussed it.

We had discussed Dak, Cooper and other contracts but not Elliott holding out 2 years before Rookie contract was up. It’s definitely put the brakes on this season. And probably effects Dak and Coop deal as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The holdout is the only hard bargaining chip a player holds. Lee roy Jordan did it. Too tall jones did it. Fran tarkenton did it. Zeke isn't the first. He won't be the last.
Correct

Jerry will come running if we fall on our face early in the season.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If he holds out I doubt he decided to do that himself without his agent’s input or advice. Speculation.
I always listen to my agent (now former unfortunately).
He knows a hell of a lot more than I on the business side of things.
I would hope players do the same.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If he holds out I doubt he decided to do that himself without his agent’s input or advice. Speculation.
All agents probably advise to hold out for money.

I think the bigger discussion is few players have the talent level or impact to their team to hold out 2 years in advance.

Speculation is the life blood in a fan forum.