Twitter: Cowboys trying to get Jamal Adams - No Trade ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If it's someone worth having, I'll take back all the bad stuff I said about the Dallas FO! Well, some of it, anyhow! :muttley:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I don't like it unless we do it for a 2.

Safeties just don't make a big enough impact.

They don't need to invest a ton to get solid production from that position.

Don't make enough impact? Wow. I guess you have been so used to terrible safety play here you don't actually realize what good safety play will do for your defense. The middle of our defense is junk. DT and safety.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Meh, they said Tavon Austin was impactful with his two dozen touches per game.
giphy.gif

weaver21

Reaction score
Funny how so many fans complain about the team not being aggressive enough and adding talent, but when we show interest in a stud 24-year old safety, we don't want him because it's "too expensive". This is how teams win Super Bowls. Sometimes you have to take a chance to add elite talent. People need to stop being obsessed with these draft picks.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude, people melted down when they announced Amari for a 1st. Guy was worth 2 1st's. A dynamic player in our secondary is worth a 1st especially a young stud like Adams. He's a monster.

Huh?

The point is that there is clearly a price that the Cowboys could pay that would be stupid. So until we see the compensation, it's tough to know if people lamenting the trade would be being ridiculous.

I mean if the Cowboys acquire Adams for two #1s and a #2 this year, is that a smart trade? Probably not.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, a team that has struggled for decade(s) at the position...

Our struggle hasn't even been that bad.

Adams is a good player.. Just doesn't make a big enough of an impact to give up "massive compensation" for.

A 2 and 3? Sure go for it.

Don't give up a 1.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Some of you draft pick guys are insane.

Look what we got with a low one and low two in previous years.

Taco and Hill ........ This is how we draft ..... You would not trade two players of that caliber for Adams?

I do not trust them to draft defense ...... Would rather trade for young proven players until Rod is gone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Funny how so many fans complain about the team not being aggressive enough and adding talent, but when we show interest in a stud 24-year old safety, we don't want him because it's "too expensive". This is how teams win Super Bowls. Sometimes you have to take a chance to add elite talent. People need to stop being obsessed with these draft picks.
no I LOVE ADAMS..at the right price, I AM ON BOARD..but don't wanna give away too much. I LIKE reasonable aggression.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they'd take a 1st round pick for him I'd do that. I wouldn't do more. You figure the pick will be in the teens and that's fair considering he was the 6th overall pick but must be downgraded some for getting Jets coaching for three years.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Even if we traded for Adams, he is no match for starting over Jeff Heath. Knowing our coaches, he's going to be the 4th stringer :rolleyes:.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'm okay with dealing a bunch of picks for Adams.

If the 2019 draft is any indication of how we're going to draft going forward, those picks will likely end up healthy scratches or on the practice squad anyway.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
W
A package that starts with your 1st and might have a couple of mid round picks too. A 1, 3 and a 4 would be massive to me. Even if it's spread out over two years.

A 1 and a 2 would even be massive.
Wouldn't shock me if it's a #1 and Bryon Jones...Lewis is better on the outside anyway...sadly it would mean we are stuck with Anthony Brown as the nickle....which Richard wants anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.