Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 1/1

Batman1980

Reaction score
He has the secondary playing better. If Marinelli steps down I would like to have him as DC. He calls a more aggressive game than Marinelli.

How many INTs does his secondary have? I believe Chidobe Awuzie and Byron Jones combined for 1 INT this year, those are not good numbers.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Honestly? Our defense doesn't force enough takeaways, bends at the wrong times and can be had by better runningbacks. He's a good coach but I wouldn't miss him too much.
We are about to test your theory:

I didn't realize Carson is the 5th best rusher in the NFL. We gotta stop him and contain Russ Saturday night.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I hear ya, but if INTs are so important, explain Byron Jones making the Pro Bowl without any? The secondary played better this year under Kris Richard's leadership.

All I remember right now is Byron Jones and the rest of our vaunted secondary getting repeatedly posterized by JAG Cody Lattimer

Batman1980

Reaction score
Yeah, I just know Lockett and Baldwin are going to give us issues, hope we play better this week. As bad as our offense is, it may take a Jaguars type game from our defense to advance.

glimmerman

Reaction score
How many INTs does his secondary have? I believe Chidobe Awuzie and Byron Jones combined for 1 INT this year, those are not good numbers.
It good numbers but he has the secondary playing better than ever. Moving Jones back to corner made a huge difference.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think this is correct. The Cowboys have at least one more year with Gregory under contract, and perhaps more control than that. Gregory has only three seasons with games played, and his 2017 season doesn't count as service time due to his suspension.
Yeah I think we still have him next year.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I don't think this is correct. The Cowboys have at least one more year with Gregory under contract, and perhaps more control than that. Gregory has only three seasons with games played, and his 2017 season doesn't count as service time due to his suspension.
You are correct. I was thinking the same thing. I followed the thread and they were talking about Irving. Weirdly worded tweet.

conner01

Reaction score
He has the secondary playing better. If Marinelli steps down I would like to have him as DC. He calls a more aggressive game than Marinelli.
He’s been calling defense most of year
If I’m jerry I sit rod down and say we want you to stay but we need kris to be DC. I don’t think rod cares about titles at this stage
Rod’s strength is getting the most out of Dline guys, kris strength is secondary. They make a good pair