Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 10/7

Zordon

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh made a good point yesterday that every position group on defense is semi-fixable just by having injured players getting healthy with the exception of the defensive tackle position. How do you fix the mess of Crawford, Woods, Poe and Hill?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE, Awuzie and Brown coming back will make a huge difference. Almost as much as the players learning/accepting the scheme or the coaches simplifying it in the short term.

I sure hope so, but then again I thought things might improve going into that Browns game...

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh made a good point yesterday that every position group on defense is semi-fixable just by having injured players getting healthy with the exception of the defensive tackle position. How do you fix the mess of Crawford, Woods, Poe and Hill?

Poe just doesn't put effort. Crawford can't get push and he even put on some weight. I can live with Woods and Hill as depth guys but we need a quality run stuffer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Good point there. They're all just so bad...

And I don't know how you can open up the roster space to add another body in there, even if they did bring in a guy like Snacks Harrison. Anyone know the hit if they outright released Poe? He seems to be the only option given the investments and low coats of a guy like Woods.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Poe just doesn't put effort. Crawford can't get push and he even put on some weight. I can live with Woods and Hill as depth guys but we need a quality run stuffer.

I think Woods actually is a good run stuffer, he just doesn't give you anything as a pass rusher. He has been basically splitting reps with Poe but against Cleveland Poe lead (68 to 51).

I'm sure Woods will get most of the snaps going forward, I thought they would do that with Trysten Hill and they have. Hill took 72 snaps to 40 for Crawford, but some of that may have been how far behind the Cowboys were.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I think Woods actually is a good run stuffer, he just doesn't give you anything as a pass rusher. He has been basically splitting reps with Poe but against Cleveland Poe lead (68 to 51).

I'm sure Woods will get most of the snaps going forward, I thought they would do that with Trysten Hill and they have. Hill took 72 snaps to 40 for Crawford, but some of that may have been how far behind the Cowboys were.

and Hill got blown off the LOS on several run plays. He is not stout nor the answer to our run stop issues.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
You don't. These guys are getting blown off the ball every play and next thing you know there's a Guard at the second level mauling your already suspect linebackers.