Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 10/7

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
OMG man stop. You sound like a crybaby. If you are so adamant you want to make a bet we dont go 1-15? Even better. Ill give you odds. Since you're so dead set on being right. If we win 4 games you never come back here. Deal?

Nah. Only cause I gotta see how we play against the lowest denominators (Aka, the Giants). If we lose against them, I’d probably make the bet. Plus stakes are too high. Dallas will probably have that one game of the season where they look quote on quote “good” and then they’ll flop the next week as per usual. Then they’ll probably blow out whatever team we play Week 17, messing up their draft status for no reason.

bottom line, come and ask me again after the Giants game.

Btw, I don’t sound like a “crybaby”. I’m not even upset or crying. I’m just saying that it’s unrealistic to believe 3-4 players will make up that big of a difference for a historically bad defense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Nah. Only cause I gotta see how we play against the lowest denominators (Aka, the Giants). If we lose against them, I’d probably make the bet. Plus stakes are too high. Dallas will probably have that one game of the season where they look quote on quote “good” and then they’ll flop the next week as per usual. Then they’ll probably blow out whatever team we play Week 17, messing up their draft status for no reason.

bottom line, come and ask me again after the Giants game.

Btw, I don’t sound like a “crybaby”. I’m not even upset or crying. I’m just saying that it’s unrealistic to believe 3-4 players will make up that big of a difference for a historically bad defense.
Umm. When those players are actual leaders it does make sense. Lee will have the unit playing in the right positions at the very least. Until he gets hurt again but thats another discussion.

And no offense dude. But you really do sound like that. Just like last season. All you do is complain. We could win out this season and you would be on here saying well we are going to lose next week so who cares. You literally said you think we are going to win 1 more game this season. And while thats not being a crybaby its being really unrealistic. If you actually believed that. You would have made the bet. Instead you are here begging for attention with your "sky is falling" crap and ive been seeing it since last year after every loss. Then we win and you shut up and then youre back as soon as we do bad. How about this. If this team doesnt win 6 games this season I leave. If they do. You leave. Since you're so sure. And i dont mean for a week. I mean for good.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Umm. When those players are actual leaders it does make sense. Lee will have the unit playing in the right positions at the very least. Until he gets hurt again but thats another discussion.

And no offense dude. But you really do sound like that. Just like last season. All you do is complain. We could win out this season and you would be on here saying well we are going to lose next week so who cares. You literally said you think we are going to win 1 more game this season. And while thats not being a crybaby its being really unrealistic. If you actually believed that. You would have made the bet. Instead you are here begging for attention with your "sky is falling" crap and ive been seeing it since last year after every loss. Then we win and you shut up and then youre back as soon as we do bad. How about this. If this team doesnt win 6 games this season I leave. If they do. You leave. Since you're so sure. And i dont mean for a week. I mean for good.

and guess what? I’ve been right every time. We went 8-8 last season, missed the playoffs. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt on McCarthy and the staff he brought in, and so far, he’s doing a terrible job defending that benefit of the doubt.

And I never “shut up”. As a matter of fact, you’ve seen and agreed with me when I said “I’ll eat my crow”. But as you can see, that doesn’t happen often.

and so what if it’s incredibly unrealistic? You are as well with all this optimism. What has Dallas done to give you such hope? What makes you think we’ll win 6 games this season with what our defense has shown you? With what this coaching staff has shown you? With how many turnovers this offense gives every game? I’m not leaving this site for good over some petty bet, even though I still do not believe they will win 6 games. You leaving this site for good? It’d be so every season without arguing with you over stupid stuff like this. But I’m not going to argue with you like this again. We all saw what happened last year against the Bills. No further questions, your honor.

phildadon86

Reaction score
and guess what? I’ve been right every time. We went 8-8 last season, missed the playoffs. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt on McCarthy and the staff he brought in, and so far, he’s doing a terrible job defending that benefit of the doubt.

And I never “shut up”. As a matter of fact, you’ve seen and agreed with me when I said “I’ll eat my crow”. But as you can see, that doesn’t happen often.

and so what if it’s incredibly unrealistic? You are as well with all this optimism. What has Dallas done to give you such hope? What makes you think we’ll win 6 games this season with what our defense has shown you? With what this coaching staff has shown you? With how many turnovers this offense gives every game? I’m not leaving this site for good over some petty bet, even though I still do not believe they will win 6 games. You leaving this site for good? It’d be so every season without arguing with you over stupid stuff like this. But I’m not going to argue with you like this again. We all saw what happened last year against the Bills. No further questions, your honor.
Oh look. Taking your ball and hiding in the corner. All because you beat me in a bet last year because i actually have FAITH in the team i cheer for. What have i seen? To make me think we win 6 games? We have the best offense in the NFL. We also have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

Youve tried to give them the benefit of the doubt? Its week 4. And you are saying we are going to lose all of our remaining games. In an offseason without OTA's Minicamps, or a preseason. lol.

Keep bragging about winning that bet about the bills. You bet against your team and won. Congrats. Such a great "fan"

DFWJC

Reaction score
It’s funny that y’all think LVE, Chido, and Anthony Brown are the answers to helping this defense. AT MOST they will increase our final season record from 1-15 to 2-14.
Come on now

1-15 or 2-14?

Your credibility is taking a hit on that one.
That's just silly

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Come on now

1-15 or 2-14?

Your credibility is taking a hit on that one.
That's just silly

I mean I’m behind honest. Our offense is good, but that defense has made me lose absolutely all hope. Jaylon turning that field goal into a 2 point conversion solidified that. I mean seriously, has that ever happened before?
We can stop the run. Can’t stop the pass. Can’t sack the QB. Nothing. Trevon is severely struggling, but understandably so because he has NO help in the backfield.

Only ones making somewhat noise in the D-line are Aldon and Hill, but even then, they aren’t super great. Filthy has show the willpower to fight back against teams, and they usually get hot around this time, even though they still won’t be that great. Washington is bringing in a new QB, and while Allen isn’t great, he’s certainly not worse than Dwayne Haskins. And we tend to make backup QB’s look good. And Washington’s D-line is good. Not sure how our O-line will hold up.

Giants are a gimme

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hmmm....

rj-ochoa_-55.jpg

If I remember correctly, wasn't it McCarthy and the Packers who ended the Wade Phillips era in Dallas?

I wonder what, if any, type of relationship they have?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I mean I’m behind honest. Our offense is good, but that defense has made me lose absolutely all hope. Jaylon turning that field goal into a 2 point conversion solidified that. I mean seriously, has that ever happened before?
We can stop the run. Can’t stop the pass. Can’t sack the QB. Nothing. Trevon is severely struggling, but understandably so because he has NO help in the backfield.

Only ones making somewhat noise in the D-line are Aldon and Hill, but even then, they aren’t super great. Filthy has show the willpower to fight back against teams, and they usually get hot around this time, even though they still won’t be that great. Washington is bringing in a new QB, and while Allen isn’t great, he’s certainly not worse than Dwayne Haskins. And we tend to make backup QB’s look good. And Washington’s D-line is good. Not sure how our O-line will hold up.

Giants are a gimme
If you honestly think you're being honest and not looking for attention by posting we arent winning 3 more games you're lying to everyone here and yourself. Or you're delusional.

kumizi

Reaction score
Wade is one of the top 3-5 defensive coordinators of all time but after seeing how crappy John Bones Fassell has been, I trust Sean McVay's judgement and probably would not pursue WP for defensive coordinator.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Jeff Cavanaugh made a good point yesterday that every position group on defense is semi-fixable just by having injured players getting healthy with the exception of the defensive tackle position. How do you fix the mess of Crawford, Woods, Poe and Hill?

Not the problem...problem is D. Law, Armstrong, Jaylon and the secondary (banged up corners, rookies and no safety).

Trysten, Woods and Poe holding up