Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 10/7

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I like LBs, but if they can get a huge NT, I think that’s the move that can turn the defense around

DanA

Reaction score
When you are operating close to your genetic potential you are balancing size, strength, speed, agility, and endurance. You simply can't have everything so modern players sacrifice endurance to allow themselves to be bigger, stronger, and faster. That means when they can't impact the play, they cheat a little, recover on the field so that when they are in the play, being bigger, strong, faster means they are more effective.

The best players are better at knowing when to conserve energy, don't take false steps and when are early to put it all out there when they should. The example of OBJ's reverse was one where ordinarily Thomas/Woods make the tackle. Jaylon missed his assignment to get in position to backup but he wasn't expecting guys to whiff so bad and thought he had a chance to rest. It was an error but it wasn't as egregious as people are making out.

visionary

Reaction score
When you are operating close to your genetic potential you are balancing size, strength, speed, agility, and endurance. You simply can't have everything so modern players sacrifice endurance to allow themselves to be bigger, stronger, and faster. That means when they can't impact the play, they cheat a little, recover on the field so that when they are in the play, being bigger, strong, faster means they are more effective.

The best players are better at knowing when to conserve energy, don't take false steps and when are early to put it all out there when they should. The example of OBJ's reverse was one where ordinarily Thomas/Woods make the tackle. Jaylon missed his assignment to get in position to backup but he wasn't expecting guys to whiff so bad and thought he had a chance to rest. It was an error but it wasn't as egregious as people are making out.

if you don’t understand that Jaylon avoids contact despite several lines of evidence then you never will

Jaylon would be the first player I would bench on this team

DanA

Reaction score
if you don’t understand that Jaylon avoids contact despite several lines of evidence then you never will

Jaylon would be the first player I would bench on this team

Jaylon has problems. He's horrible at shedding blocks, over extends on plays, and tries to avoid contact when he should man up. But that's got nothing to do with what Woods said or the OBJ play where Jaylon was in space and OBJ is not someone Jaylon has an hesitation in hitting.

visionary

Reaction score
Jaylon has problems. He's horrible at shedding blocks, over extends on plays, and tries to avoid contact when he should man up. But that's got nothing to do with what Woods said or the OBJ play where Jaylon was in space and OBJ is not someone Jaylon has an hesitation in hitting.

you are continuing to talk about one play and making a totally assumed excuse

when you put that play in context of what he has done for the last 2 years it is very clear that he avoids contact and that is the reason he runs around opposition players and gets out of position and for his garbage play

this guy is complete trash

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
J How do you fix the mess of Crawford, Woods, Poe and Hill?

I don't think Poe, Woods, or Hill are doing that badly. Crawford is done. Play Galimore instead. Hill, play him less for run defense.

More Gallimore, no Crawford, less Hill.

I doubt they'll do it, but I'd rather just cut Crawford and bring up Justin Hamilton. People were saying nice things about him. Maybe he can produce. At least he's young and healthy. Upside.

Crawford isn't made to be a two gap DT. Old and coming off chronic injuries. Move on.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
and Hill got blown off the LOS on several run plays. He is not stout nor the answer to our run stop issues.

Woods, Poe, and Gallimore as the DT run rotation.
Gallimore and Hill as the DT pass rotation. Maybe from Griffin.

pansophy

Reaction score
I don't think Poe, Woods, or Hill are doing that badly. Crawford is done. Play Galimore instead. Hill, play him less for run defense.

More Gallimore, no Crawford, less Hill.

I doubt they'll do it, but I'd rather just cut Crawford and bring up Justin Hamilton. People were saying nice things about him. Maybe he can produce. At least he's young and healthy. Upside.

Crawford isn't made to be a two gap DT. Old and coming off chronic injuries. Move on.
Football grading services have Crawford doing reasonably well compared to some of our other players. Not saying they are right or wrong, but someone must think he is doing something.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Football grading services have Crawford doing reasonably well compared to some of our other players. Not saying they are right or wrong, but someone must think he is doing something.

PFF shows Crawford doing poorly, and his tackle stats agree. He's not a disaster, but I don't see him giving us *more* as the season goes on. More likely less.

So play Gallimore. Not worse. Maybe gets better. If nothing else, we're speeding his development long term.

DanA

Reaction score
you are continuing to talk about one play and making a totally assumed excuse

when you put that play in context of what he has done for the last 2 years it is very clear that he avoids contact and that is the reason he runs around opposition players and gets out of position and for his garbage play

this guy is complete trash

No, I’m talking about what Woods said. The play was an example to clarify my comment and what I assume Woods was referring too.

And for what it’s worth, I never would have drafted, or re-signed Jaylon. But I’m not confident Bernard or Gifford will be better so he probably remains the starter for me.

cristglo

Reaction score
Hill is the only active defensive tackle. He is getting better every game, and I hope he continues to grow, but he can't do it alone they need to get some help in the middle. Crawford, Poe, and Woods have been horrible.

Hill is getting better and he should be scary next by seasons end. To be fair Poe has been playing against double and triple teams. The scheme that we play is more about staying in you lane.
Crawford is just an over paid player but the real issue is our LB's and Db/Safety play.
Having LVE and LEE back will help the LB's
I never thought I would ever say this but Brown and Chido back will help out the secondary not look so lost.
At Least thats what I hope lol