Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 12/23

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Looks like the tank is on, they won't play a lot of players, again.
Lose Sunday, then may as well lose the next week. Get to 5-11, should be good enough for a top 10, depending all the other tanking teams. :laugh:
Lose next 2 games and it will be good enough for top 10, it might be good enough for the #4 pick.
The future is next year!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly believe that management has been trying to throw in the towel for a few weeks now,, but players are waking up and saying Im playing.
Pollard - showing what most have been saying about him, finally proves that he can play and actually improve in 4qtrs,, not enough being said about just a handful of backs that do that in this league,,, he did it, and needs to continue doing it, and we got a special back moving forward.
Dalton,, love or hate, such a bi polar fan base, and yes I include myself in that classification. I see him coming off his early reads now, and looking for that deeper hook up,, Lamb is a Rook, going through a 4 QB transition, chemistry is an over used term but it shouldnt be underestimated.
Dalton can and will improve as the relationship with Lamb improves, trust being built right now, doesnt happen over night, Dalton getting the green flag now to play some chunk and dunk on the outside, watch Lamb starting looking like that very young Randy Moss... lol,,, slam away friends..
Dalton has made his share of mistakes, but this team is winning 2 str8, and Im willing to bet that Dalton can end up outlasting say a Stafford level, probably a better comparison out there, but I feel that Stafford is at least a fair baseline in comparison.
Im just going to end this rant with my homerun hit of the week,, Im at this point, just hanging it all out there at this point...
Blake Bell will be the next great TE in this league!
Here, Im passing it your way.
I'd like to buy all that but Dalton is a boat anchor and not as good as Stafford. He has either reached his ceiling or needs a QB coach that can help him to the next level. He comes off reads too early and just flat out misses guys that are wide open and with his throws. Right now he's a glorified backup and nothing more.

Bell is underrated and underused. I'm very familiar with this kid as I watched him play in high school and followed him in college. The Cowboys need to design plays for him and not just run him in the base offensive packages. Check out YouTube videos of him and you will totally see what I'm getting at.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great point! But those who want the Cowboys to tank are just wanting the pick (like me) to use as trade bait. Jerry has already said they won't go QB with a high pick and I believe him. But give the Cowboys the 4th, 5th or whatever pick, move down and get a 2nd or 3rd and now we're talking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Great point! But those who want the Cowboys to tank are just wanting the pick (like me) to use as trade bait. Jerry has already said they won't go QB with a high pick and I believe him. But give the Cowboys the 4th, 5th or whatever pick, move down and get a 2nd or 3rd and now we're talking.
I’m ok with that just don’t want them to lose in order to do that.