Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 3/16

Reaction score
Honestly Sahn I don't think 5/55 is really that bad for a ProBowl Safety. In my view its
the Draft Picks they want the issue. Unless they go future #1.
It all depends on how the contract would be structured.

The details on the contract are much more important than the overall numbers.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don't know, $11M per year doesn't seem extreme for a safety like Thomas. He is 28 so would be 33 or so at the completion of the deal.

Personally, I am more concerned with the draft picks we would have to give up for him.
he will be 29 when the season starts, his BD is in May.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I don't think Crabtree would be a bad addition to the receiving corps as long as he's not seen as a Dez replacement. However, he'll likely get more than we'd even think of offering him to be a complementary piece.
Of course we sign Crabtree. He looked good against us. Jerry must have been thinking about his roster status since that game.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't think Crabtree would be a bad addition to the receiving corps as long as he's not seen as a Dez replacement. However, he'll likely get more than we'd even think of offering him to be a complementary piece.
I think we’d become even slower on offense if we added Crabs.

Dez, Witten, Crabs all plodding along in our very intricate offensive scheme of digs and outs.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
If the Cowboys even offer a 1st for Thomas I will freak out. This isn't the Earl Thomas of not so many moons ago by a LOOONG shot. I'm sure the turd patrol around here will wail and whine when someone (not the Cowboys) overpays for the right to overpay an aging/declining player.

Next.

Just out of curiousity have you actually watched Earl Thomas play recently or are you just talking out of your *** because you assume his age means he’s bad now?