Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 5/23

phildadon86

Reaction score
We had the same OL minus Leary and Free, most here couldn’t wait for Free to leave and considered Collins an upgrade, Zeke was here for more than half the season.
So it wasn’t the scheme, it was the drop off in Level of play.
Minus Leary and free. So like I said: not the same OL

Dre11

Reaction score
I've been a coach for a long time. I always take responsibility and have never blamed my players. Some of YOU PEOPLE don't have a freaking clue! So kiss my.....

Lol...as have I. Any real coach will fall on the sword for his team, as JG has. Also, any real coach knows that’s there’s some coach speak in that. Because when you get behind close doors and doing fails review, you’re ripping you team and players for execution breakdowns, players out of positions and some players for just simply getting their a** whipped on plays and most times things you’ve gone over all week. So don’t give me that Bs that you never blame players. You may not do it in public, but you damn sure do it behind closed doors. I’ve been coaching football for more than 25 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol...as have I. Any real coach will fall on the sword for his team, as JG has. Also, any real coach knows that’s there’s some coach speak in that. Because when you get behind close doors and doing fails review, you’re ripping you team and players for execution breakdowns, players out of positions and some players for just simply getting their a** whipped on plays and most times things you’ve gone over all week. So don’t give me that Bs that you never blame players. You may not do it in public, but you damn sure do it behind closed doors. I’ve been coaching football for more than 25 years.
Ok, you don't have to kiss my ....... Lol!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
It’s the same scheme that got us to 2nd and 4th in the league in terms of point per series in 2014 and 2016. How’d it suddenly get predictable in 2017?

We were 9th in 2017, by the way. We dropped because the protection got worse.

:hammer:

garyv

Reaction score
You’d start Byron over Malcolm butler. That’s why Jason Garrett is what he is and Belicheck is what he is
Yes I think Byron Jones has bigger upside at CB than Malcom Butler and I have a sneaky suspicion Kris Richard thinks so too and might have us both beat on his football knowledge. :)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He had problems like every other qb. I don't make him out to be anything other than what he is. You are victim of believing the garbage spewed from other Dak haters. You have been told that a quarterback is flawless and throws the deep ball every play. They failed you.

Not even remotely true. More people are coming around to my view. I saw this clearly last year, but had hoped he could improve. It's clear what he is now.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No you really can’t. Just like you also can’t tell what his eyes are doing if his helmet isn’t moving. Just because he looks left and his head goes that way doesn’t mean his eyes are staring at one place. You ever played football?

Yeah, you really can, if you keep watching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not even remotely true. More people are coming around to my view. I saw this clearly last year, but had hoped he could improve. It's clear what he is now.
So you've seen him play well for a season and a half but you've seen him play bad for a half of a season and NOW it's clear what he is? Ok lol. I guess man.......

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So you've seen him play well for a season and a half but you've seen him play bad for a half of a season and NOW it's clear what he is? Ok lol. I guess man.......

I saw his flaws for 2 seasons. I saw regression and then just flat out awful QB play.

Zman5

Reaction score
It’s the same scheme that got us to 2nd and 4th in the league in terms of point per series in 2014 and 2016. How’d it suddenly get predictable in 2017?

We were 9th in 2017, by the way. We dropped because the protection got worse.

Having a new starting rookie QB will make any offense unpredictable. Especially when he is named the starter right before the season starts. Romo led offense is going to be much different than Dak led offense. The tendency are not going to be same. Romo didn't run as much as Dak and Dak wasn't going to throw same type of passes Romo could.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Having a new starting rookie QB will make any offense unpredictable. Especially when he is named the starter right before the season starts. Romo led offense is going to be much different than Dak led offense. The tendency are not going to be same. Romo didn't run as much as Dak and Dak wasn't going to throw same type of passes Romo could.
That is crap. This whole "Dak made us unpredictable" is a crap narrative. Did Wentz catch teams off guard his rookie year when he started after everyone thought Bradford would?

Zman5

Reaction score
That is crap. This whole "Dak made us unpredictable" is a crap narrative. Did Wentz catch teams off guard his rookie year when he started after everyone thought Bradford would?

So are you saying the opposing defenses would prepare for Dak the same way as they would with Romo? That is the dumbest thing I've heard.

How many RPO did Romo run? They rarely rolled Romo out like they did Dak. Our offense was different in 2016 than what it was before with Romo.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So you wanted Dak to be flawless? Have no flaws in year 2? What are you saying here?

That these issues were evident from day one, even if they were masked for a time by his team and "newness."