Cowboys Tweets 8/20

zack

Reaction score
I think the only way they keep Rush over Moore is if Moore gets hurt again. I never wish anyone getting hurt, but Rush should be the number 2 QB. This staff over the years is notorious with sticking with people far too long. Unless an injury happens, typically the second and third string guys aren't getting a look.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol trust him with what exactly? I mean really
By trust he mean, he knows the system, is a great ear piece and help for Dak(Dak has said so). But play wise he is definitely behind Rush. My guess is they may only want to keep 2 qbs. If so do you keep a guy who's still learning behind Dak, or a guy who knows the whole system.

dallasdave

Reaction score
No chance.

Reports are he has been right there with Scandrick as the most consistent corner in camp. Broaddus has said he may have been the best. Sure, he has trouble with Dez.....so does just about everyone else.

I am worried a little about Brown, between injury and spotty play he hasn't had the best camp. And then of course Lewis has missed almost the entire camp. We have a lot of talented young bodies who can't seem to get on the field. And then you have a Duke Thomas doing everything he can to make it.
The DUKE

manster4ever

Reaction score
This is an example of the cracks that will form this week in Moore's hold on the #2 spot. It has begun and the heat will just increase. More and more people will come forward with what is painfully obvious. Moore isn't an NFL QB and Rush is. You cannot lose Rush the way you lost Matt Moore and you need Moore's roster spot for Noah Brown, Rico Gathers, Lewis Neal, or so,e other young player too good to let go. Kellen Moore will not be signed by anyone if he is cut. He can come back as a coach and be there if needed at some point. This all just makes too much sense not to happen. I'm confident they will get it right this time.

Nice post, but you are more confident than me they'll "get it right". Dunno about that. They are crazy if they don't let Rush and Moore battle it out vs. the ones in remaining pre-season games. Don't want to risk injury to Dak and this will prove once and for all Rush is head and shoulders above Moore.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
How much is Carroll guaranteed? If it's not much, I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut. We have good vets in Brown and Oscan and you want to keep those young, talented guys.

Daillest88

Reaction score
By trust he mean, he knows the system, is a great ear piece and help for Dak(Dak has said so). But play wise he is definitely behind Rush. My guess is they may only want to keep 2 qbs. If so do you keep a guy who's still learning behind Dak, or a guy who knows the whole system.

I know he knows the system but he can only make 15% of the throws lol. His arm strength is horrible

Nirvana

Reaction score
There is something wrong with the organization if Moore makes the team. You could bring in anybody off the street and get similar results. He's worthless except in a coaching capacity. And I think you could have an arrangement where he is an assistant QB coach that you could re-sign to a qb contract if needed. No other team in the league wants him the guy doesn't have an NFL arm.

Sydla

Reaction score
No chance.

Reports are he has been right there with Scandrick as the most consistent corner in camp. Broaddus has said he may have been the best. Sure, he has trouble with Dez.....so does just about everyone else.

I am worried a little about Brown, between injury and spotty play he hasn't had the best camp. And then of course Lewis has missed almost the entire camp. We have a lot of talented young bodies who can't seem to get on the field. And then you have a Duke Thomas doing everything he can to make it.

One, I was kidding.

Two, I am not buying the preseason hype on Carroll. I've seen enough of him the last two years to know what we are going to get. He's going to be a frustrating player for us.

Sydla

Reaction score
How much is Carroll guaranteed? If it's not much, I wouldn't be shocked to see him cut. We have good vets in Brown and Oscan and you want to keep those young, talented guys.

They aren't cutting Carroll.

They've been obsessed with adding him for a few off-seasons. I think he's one of those guys that Marinelli just has the hots for and will give him wide latitude to screw up. I suspect he starts and starts for a lot longer than people will like.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I don't expect Carroll to be great. He is going to be an average corner. A guy you hope to be able to replace but you can get by with until that better player is there. Carr was pretty much the same. He didn't give up huge plays but rarely made plays. I think we will see Carroll make a few plays, but he will also give up a few plays.

Nirvana

Reaction score
This is an example of the cracks that will form this week in Moore's hold on the #2 spot. It has begun and the heat will just increase. More and more people will come forward with what is painfully obvious. Moore isn't an NFL QB and Rush is. You cannot lose Rush the way you lost Matt Moore and you need Moore's roster spot for Noah Brown, Rico Gathers, Lewis Neal, or so,e other young player too good to let go. Kellen Moore will not be signed by anyone if he is cut. He can come back as a coach and be there if needed at some point. This all just makes too much sense not to happen. I'm confident they will get it right this time.
:hammer: