Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/25

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

amazing...

"And so Elliott will have had no chance to question the key witness in the case, she will have never been placed under oath, and her credibility will have never been tested by either of the people making the key decisions in the case — Henderson now or Commissioner Roger Goodell previously."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

this meaning he already decided to uphold the suspension....more collusion...

this one is going to court.
They need to already have their case ready to file, and do it in a North Texas federal court.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The unfortunate thing is that these guys will need to be inactive for a few weeks to start the season.

You can't throw these rookies out there against OBJ and Shepard with minimal training camp or preseason exposure.

It going to have to be Scandrick, Brown and Carroll with maybe Cheetos in for a handful of plays. If we're lucky.

Awuzie has practice quite a bit and did play in the 1st game.

Lewis could be inactive at the beginning of the season.

They most often keep 5 CBs, but they might need to keep 6 this year. I would probably keep Marquez White but I'm not sure if he's ready either.

Many fans have praised Duke Thomas. I'm not sure that I've seen what they have but I have not really focused on him. I do remember some negative plays from him. I'll go back and review him some more.

Leon McFadden often has decent coverage but falls apart when the ball comes to the receiver that he's covering.

Last season they could have used Byron Jones as a CB if necessary with Wilcox at FS but this year they're short on experience at Safety so that's probably not an option.

They did line up Safety Woods on the slot WR a couple of times in one game. He's built more like a CB than a Safety.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It looks to me like the team is being crazy cautious with these hamstring injuries. A tightrope act between having these rookies physically ready or mentally ready for the season.

True but with Hamstrings we don't need a miles Austin type situation. Trainers may be cautious with it but they are on site we are only at this site.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
It looks to me like the team is being crazy cautious with these hamstring injuries. A tightrope act between having these rookies physically ready or mentally ready for the season.

Well, I read they tried to let one of them come back (Lewis, I think) and then he aggravated it again. So maybe cautious is the right approach.

Sydla

Reaction score
this meaning he already decided to uphold the suspension....more collusion...

this one is going to court.
They need to already have their case ready to file, and do it in a North Texas federal court.

No chance.

They won't file until they get the appeal results and by the time the league has issued the appeal findings, they'll have one of their attorneys standing in front of a NYC court, favorable to them, with the filing papers.

They control every single aspect of this process and until the CBA is changed, the players, specifically ones not guilty of allegations, will be at the mercy of a crooked system.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
The league is trying to keep her under raps. Trying to hide her from lawyers examining her story.

Not good. But not surprising either. Zeke's lawyers need to pursue this.

Honestly think they are already planning on lowering the Susp to 2 or 3 games. They don't want to bring her and her attorney in to throw gas on the fire (given her nature). I think they planned on it when they handed out the susp in the first place. They wanted to get Zekes (and the whole football worlds) attention about the power of the shield and mission accomplished. Zeke will have to make a decision to move on and accept it (lower Sus) along with the flack it could bring to potential sponsorships or go to court. The NFL wants to move on as badly as the DC does due to negative publicity on both sides.
We'll see.