Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/25

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
amazing...

"And so Elliott will have had no chance to question the key witness in the case, she will have never been placed under oath, and her credibility will have never been tested by either of the people making the key decisions in the case — Henderson now or Commissioner Roger Goodell previously."

Couple things we have to ask ..........is this a first. Other words, has the league EVER allowed witnesses during their appeal process. Also I'm not sure how much legal weight her testimony from a private grievance will carry in court since she cannot be put under oath. Besides, the league can't legally require that she appear anyway. No legal authority whatsoever to require her appearance. Pretty sure this isn't much different from us filing let's say a termination grievance against our boss and going through the employers' appeal process. It's a private matter with basically your employer holding all the calls......FOR THIS PROCESS. Want a level playing field? Do it in court after all appeals are exhausted.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If I'm zeke I'd say even if its 1 game, screw the NFL and take it to court. They are trying to make an example of him even when there is evidence that can prove his innocence. It's his reputation and his name that's on the line.....not to mention the huge amounts of money that the NFL is basically trying to rob him of by causing him to miss games and labeling him a "woman beater" which would threaten any potential endorsements. Screw Goddell and the NFL!

The NFL could always tell him to take whatever it is, or you know, wink wink, threaten him with a lot of holding calls when he touches the ball. I wouldn't put it past the NFL to pull that with him. And the refs will surely go along with whatever the NFL tells them to do.