Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/25

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but with Hamstrings we don't need a miles Austin type situation. Trainers may be cautious with it but they are on site we are only at this site.

Yeah, I'm not pretending to know better than them. It's frustrating as a fan, but I'd rather they miss time now than when the games count.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I read they tried to let one of them come back (Lewis, I think) and then he aggravated it again. So maybe cautious is the right approach.

Could be. I don't pretend to know better. I'll trust that they know.

HanD

Reaction score
No chance.

They won't file until they get the appeal results and by the time the league has issued the appeal findings, they'll have one of their attorneys standing in front of a NYC court, favorable to them, with the filing papers.

They control every single aspect of this process and until the CBA is changed, the players, specifically ones not guilty of allegations, will be at the mercy of a crooked system.

unfortunately dead on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No chance.

They won't file until they get the appeal results and by the time the league has issued the appeal findings, they'll have one of their attorneys standing in front of a NYC court, favorable to them, with the filing papers.

They control every single aspect of this process and until the CBA is changed, the players, specifically ones not guilty of allegations, will be at the mercy of a crooked system.

It sounds to me like it will be a footrace to file in court.

And if Elliott's attorneys are worth anything, they know it. And they'll have people standing by to act the moment the receive the Henderson's response.

If the NFL tries to file anything before the other side receives the verdict, it would be thrown out.

Sydla

Reaction score
It sounds to me like it will be a footrace to file in court.

And if Elliott's attorneys are worth anything, they know it. And they'll have people standing by to act the moment the receive the Henderson's response.

If the NFL tries to file anything before the other side receives the verdict, it would be thrown out.

It's what happened in the Brady case. There's little chance that if they wait for the appeal results, they won't get beaten to court before the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's what happened in the Brady case. There's little chance that if they wait for the appeal results, they won't get beaten to court before the NFL.

How can the NFL file anything before the verdict is read to the other party?

Anything filed before that verdict is read would be rendered null and void.

Sydla

Reaction score
How can the NFL file anything before the verdict is read to the other party?

Anything filed before that verdict is read would be rendered null and void.

The NFL controls the process. They have the ability to know when and at what time the news will be released, even if they don't know the results. Elliott and his party do not.

So the NFL will know that say Friday at 3-PM they are going to give Elliott the results of the appeal. Elliott and his camp won't know that. The league will literally have an attorney standing outside the court in NY and at 3:01 after they release the news to Elliott, their guy runs in and files.

Sydla

Reaction score

giphy.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The NFL controls the process. They have the ability to know when and at what time the news will be released, even if they don't know the results. Elliott and his party do not.

So the NFL will know that say Friday at 3-PM they are going to give Elliott the results of the appeal. Elliott and his camp won't know that. The league will literally have an attorney standing outside the court in NY and at 3:01 after they release the news to Elliott, their guy runs in and files.

Unfortunately this is true. They have this all planned out.

Elliott should file in another state like Texas where he can get a favorable ruling.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
BS alert:

Per a league source, Henderson has denied a request from Elliott’s representatives to make his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, available to testify. Henderson also has denied requests for notes or transcripts of meetings with Thompson.
BS alert:

"Per a league source, Henderson has denied a request from Elliott’s representatives to make his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, available to testify."

I don't see how the NFL can 'require' her to attend. Maybe she will show up if she wants to. I doubt it. She is not an employee of the NFL. She is not associated with the NFL in any way. So, she can tell the NFL to go pound salt. This isn't a criminal trial. No big deal. And, in fact, I think this works in Elliott's favor is she is a no-show.

"Henderson also has denied requests for notes or transcripts of meetings with Thompson."

Now this is total BS. If this goes to court, then I would think all those notes and transcripts will be available to Elliott's legal team. So, the NFL looks like they are trying to hide information right now which will come out later in a 'real' court.

Looks to me like the NFL is trying to get Elliott to accept a 2 game suspension and call it a day.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I am calling it now...Saturday nights game between Oakland and Dallas is a SB preview.....:yourock:

2 teams that should. or could have been it it last year.
We were once again derailed by the refs, and Oakland derailed by QB injuries.
I literally said the same thing on a different Cowboys site just now lol.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Per a league source, Henderson has denied a request from Elliott’s representatives to make his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, available to testify. Henderson also has denied requests for notes or transcripts of meetings with Thompson.

"Per a league source, Henderson has denied a request from Elliott’s representatives to make his accuser, Tiffany Thompson, available to testify."

I don't see how the NFL can 'require' her to attend. Maybe she will show up if she wants to. I doubt it. She is not an employee of the NFL. She is not associated with the NFL in any way. So, she can tell the NFL to go pound salt. This isn't a criminal trial. No big deal. And, in fact, I think this works in Elliott's favor is she is a no-show.

I imagine the Elliott team asked the NFL to attempt to make her available so that if she then didn't show the argument for overturning the suspension would be stronger. The NFL more than likely refused the request to even ask because they assume she would either 1) show and be a disaster or 2) not show and strengthen the case to overturn.'

No I'm not an attorney, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night. But I do have a cool new tee-shirt.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not pretending to know better than them. It's frustrating as a fan, but I'd rather they miss time now than when the games count.

I agree it is frustrating but I have to defer to the team trainers on this. It is a catch 22, they need the reps but then the reps are meaningless if they go out and blow up a hamstring in the process.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Looks to me like the NFL is trying to get Elliott to accept a 2 game suspension and call it a day.

If I'm zeke I'd say even if its 1 game, screw the NFL and take it to court. They are trying to make an example of him even when there is evidence that can prove his innocence. It's his reputation and his name that's on the line.....not to mention the huge amounts of money that the NFL is basically trying to rob him of by causing him to miss games and labeling him a "woman beater" which would threaten any potential endorsements. Screw Goddell and the NFL!

manster4ever

Reaction score
The coaches talk about how the young guys need reps. And more reps.

Yet they won't let them on the field even when they can play. So which is it?

There is a fine line frankly. Sure they need the work, but if they aren't 100% (and this kid probably isn't yet) then it's simply not worth the risk getting them hurt for the rest of the season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm zeke I'd say even if its 1 game, screw the NFL and take it to court. They are trying to make an example of him even when there is evidence that can prove his innocence. It's his reputation and his name that's on the line.....not to mention the huge amounts of money that the NFL is basically trying to rob him of by causing him to miss games and labeling him a "woman beater" which would threaten any potential endorsements. Screw Goddell and the NFL!

I would never accept it if I'm innocent. Your reputation is ruined in this PC society.

Fight it to the end.