Signed by Cowboys Cowboys UDFA signed thread

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We were more concerned with a compliment and a backup for Zeke than adding a real weapon at TE.

And half the board would’ve *****ed like 12 year old girls if a TE had been drafted. I’ve seen that movie over and over. Some of you are NEVER satisfied with anything.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
He did start at S as a rookie.

The glory years, our defensive backfield the envy of the entire NFL... So good they were, an all timer like Watkins was only able to start 9 of those games.

He also was a good special teams player in the NFL. He was injured a lot that stunted his career. He went to the CFL, became All CFL CB 2xs, and Grey Cup Champion.

I sure like how that Grey Cup looks on the Cowboys trophy case!

If we get more or the same out of Westry that is not a bad UDFA..

That I can agree with, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him to be the saviour at S for this team.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The glory years, our defensive backfield the envy of the entire NFL... So good they were, an all timer like Watkins was only able to start 9 of those games.
I sure like how that Grey Cup looks on the Cowboys trophy case!
That I can agree with, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him to be the saviour at S for this team.
Every player you draft is not going to the Hall of Fame. Every UDFA is not going to make the team and some will not even go to training camp. If your lucky, you get 3.3 years in this league.

As a boundary CB, Westry has a shot to make the team or practice squad. He has no shot a S.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on the LBers they signed. LBer seems like a spot that an UFA could make it but they all seem like JAGs to me. Any of them thought to be higher draftable players but fell unexpectedly due to injury or something else? Haven't seen too much talked about them.

morat1959

Reaction score
And half the board would’ve *****ed like 12 year old girls if a TE had been drafted. I’ve seen that movie over and over. Some of you are NEVER satisfied with anything.
What is there to ever be satisfied about? That’s the problem with the members on this board who are satisfied with mediocrity. I don’t know how y’all fall for JJs BS every tmyear.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
What is there to ever be satisfied about? That’s the problem with the members on this board who are satisfied with mediocrity. I don’t know how y’all fall for JJs BS every tmyear.

Nobody is satisfied with mediocrity. We’ve been pretty good the last few years and we continue to improve, but we all want a championship. I’ve been around for all five and want more. I wonder how many in here can say the same thing. I’m also aware that our FO knows a hell of a lot more about putting together a good football team than a bunch of *****ing message board warriors.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Nobody is satisfied with mediocrity. We’ve been pretty good the last few years and we continue to improve, but we all want a championship. I’ve been around for all five and want more. I wonder how many in here can say the same thing. I’m also aware that our FO knows a hell of a lot more about putting together a good football team than a bunch of *****ing message board warriors.
23 years. I've seen 3 SB's. I bet me or you could have got this team to a conference championship in that time.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
McClay touched on a few:

* Westry is a 6-foot-4 cornerback and “moves like he is 5-11.”

* Hyatt started every game in his career and won two national titles at Clemson

* Wise was a highly productive player in college that the Cowboys had a draftable grade on.

* Guyton is a local kid from North Texas that “has some juice.”

And then there is Allen Jr., son of the Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cowboys Ring of Honor member.

“He is no Larry Allen, no one is,” McClay said. “But he can play. There are no sentimental picks. He is a guard/center type. He has good bloodlines and he is smart.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
McClay touched on a few:

* Wise was a highly productive player in college that the Cowboys had a draftable grade on.

And then there is Allen Jr., son of the Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cowboys Ring of Honor member.

“He is no Larry Allen, no one is,” McClay said. “But he can play. There are no sentimental picks. He is a guard/center type. He has good bloodlines and he is smart.”

I like Westry's chance of making the team over Michael Jackson. Westry might be a monster on special teams (assuming he has the inclination for it).

Hyatt is a four-position O Line player and could make the team if some of the higher-priced guys underperform in camp. We all know how much joy Stephen gets from saving a buck.

Wise is going to make cut day difficult. He's probably on the very edge of making the roster, but don't think he'll make it to the Practice Squad.

Don't see Guyton getting enough reps to make the team.

Allen could absolutely be a Practice Squad guy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McClay touched on a few:

Maybe I'm a sucker for the really long shots, but I like the Central Missouri OL Derrick Puni. I know he can't just knock NFL players to the ground like he did his competition in college, but it was fun to watch.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I also know there is nothing I can re the play on the field

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Hyatt, Guyton and Wise are intriguing picks. PS material maybe. We're pretty loaded at interior O-line, WR and DE but we have a ton of FA's coming up in 2020. Never know what injuries could open the door. Have always said "one mans misfortune is another man's good fortune". I'll tell you what, in my best Hank Hill impersonation, this team has some depth and the FO has done a damned good job of addressing it

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Tis the season of discontent, and I agree, another would bring some contentment for a short time. I give the FO full marks for addressing depth issues and kicking it in the draft the past few years. I have zero complaints about the direction this team appears to be taking. I'm homer and I like donuts

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This UDFA DT will be a need, soon as they dump the bum "taco Salad" for someone who gives a !!!!!. Send ole taco back to the bell, maybe working the meat and cheese line will open his eyes to what he could have been.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Hyatt, Guyton and Wise are intriguing picks. PS material maybe. We're pretty loaded at interior O-line, WR and DE but we have a ton of FA's coming up in 2020. Never know what injuries could open the door. Have always said "one mans misfortune is another man's good fortune". I'll tell you what, in my best Hank Hill impersonation, this team has some depth and the FO has done a damned good job of addressing it

It will probably be hard to get all 3 of them through waivers to get them on the PS. I would think at least Wise and Hyatt would be snapped up.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
lol, not in a million years. I don't know if you're being serious, but if you think any poster here could get a team to a conference championship, then you don't even know how much you don't know.

He, like several others on this forum, suffer from delusions of grandeur. As I said before, message board warriors. It’s really pathetic, but also entertaining.