Signed by Cowboys Cowboys UDFA signed thread

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Hyatt is a well known name but there are OL like him every year that slip out of the draft.

Wise, I can see. Westry, I can see mainly because they fell in love with his height/length.

Don't get me wrong, I like the class well enough for the most part. The WRs are both fast and interesting.

But to suggest all but five of the thirteen total carried "fourth round or so" grades?

That is some snake oil being sold.

Agreed. Sounds like hyperbole.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
D2TS7w0X4AA1tDq.png

How does a 6'0, 199lb corner who runs a 4.31 NOT get drafted?
His cover skills must suck royally.

Bcrav4

Reaction score
How does a 6'0, 199lb corner who runs a 4.31 NOT get drafted?
His cover skills must suck royally.
I think he’s 6’4. At less than 200 lbs he might be too skinny, i.e. weak. Which may also explain the low bench press numbers.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They weren't going to draft a TE anyway. They are happy with the TE corps they have which already includes a project player in Rico. Now they have a player/coach in Witten to mentor the next generation.
I didn't see any need to go for a TE, and that's before Witten came back. Rico isn't needed. I like Witten, but I hope he doesn't stunt the progress of Jarwin and Schultz with too much playing time.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think he’s 6’4. At less than 200 lbs he might be too skinny, i.e. weak. Which may also explain the low bench press numbers.
Thanks. 6'4 makes him too big for corner and too light for a safety.
That must be the reason he went undrafted.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. 6'4 makes him too big for corner and too light for a safety.
That must be the reason he went undrafted.

He's a fan favorite for his length but to me that makes him an extreme long shot to stick in the NFL.

Sadly our quasi coordinator is more interested in these kinds of freak shows than a real talent like Jourdan Lewis.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I didn't see any need to go for a TE, and that's before Witten came back. Rico isn't needed. I like Witten, but I hope he doesn't stunt the progress of Jarwin and Schultz with too much playing time.
Agreed, he needs to allow the young bucks to get more game time on the field. I feel better about his return if we knew what his plans were after 2019. He could coach our TEs or he could return to the MNF booth. I heard today that the MNF gig he had last year will still be available in 2020 because they decided not to replace him.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's a fan favorite for his length but to me that makes him an extreme long shot to stick in the NFL.

Sadly our quasi coordinator is more interested in these kinds of freak shows than a real talent like Jourdan Lewis.

If the Patriots can make it work, why can't the Dallas Cowboys? They also drafted a big DB.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

I agree. Lewis is talented, but we don't know all that's gone on behind the scenes between him and Richard. You could be right in your assessment, but you could also be wrong. Lewis did get a lot more PT toward the end of last season. Let's see how it plays out this year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I agree. Lewis is talented, but we don't know all that's gone on behind the scenes between him and Richard. You could be right in your assessment, but you could also be wrong. Lewis did get a lot more PT toward the end of last season. Let's see how it plays out this year.
It isn't anything personal. Lewis just isn't 6-0 200 with 32" arms. They would have never drafted Lewis if Richard was already coaching on defense.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
From Broaddus on somos cowboys - 5th's on Wise and Walker

Sounds like from everything that's been said on the udfa's that Wise, Walker, Westry, Hyatt, Knight, Johnson, and Guyton are the ones with draftable grades.

morat1959

Reaction score
Whiten will call his shots.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Richard likes his bigger corners, but he will play smaller guys if their talent warrants. He did his last year in Seattle with the older Griffin brother.

Lewis didn't play much early last season because Anthony Brown won the slot spot in camp. Brown is 5'11, Lewis is 5'10. The difference is Brown "bought into" Richard's concepts faster than Lewis, but Lewis played more as the year went on.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From Broaddus on somos cowboys - 5th's on Wise and Walker

Sounds like from everything that's been said on the udfa's that Wise, Walker, Westry, Hyatt, Knight, Johnson, and Guyton are the ones with draftable grades.
That's fine, but the whole spin has been about 4th round grades which is a stretch.

I do think all of these guys could be considered "draftable".

The class looks pretty strong on paper. Much, much better than previous years where it looks like we laid back a little.