Signed by Cowboys Cowboys UDFA signed thread

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
lol, not in a million years. I don't know if you're being serious, but if you think any poster here could get a team to a conference championship, then you don't even know how much you don't know.
Completely agree. Some of these posters may be sincere when they say they know better than the people actually making the decisions but that just goes to show how delusional and out of their depth they really are.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We were more concerned with a compliment and a backup for Zeke than adding a real weapon at TE.

Last time Dallas tried to add "a real weapon at TE" they took Gavin Escobar over Travis Kelce, so it's probably just as well.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
McClay touched on a few:

* Westry is a 6-foot-4 cornerback and “moves like he is 5-11.”

* Hyatt started every game in his career and won two national titles at Clemson

* Wise was a highly productive player in college that the Cowboys had a draftable grade on.

* Guyton is a local kid from North Texas that “has some juice.”

And then there is Allen Jr., son of the Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cowboys Ring of Honor member.

“He is no Larry Allen, no one is,” McClay said. “But he can play. There are no sentimental picks. He is a guard/center type. He has good bloodlines and he is smart.”

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...#storylink=cpy
Heck yeah he is smart. Allen Jr. went to Harvard. Better Ivy League school that Garrett's Princeton by a wide margin. Plus Daddy was the Head Coach at Princeton (usually employees kids go free). Yeah I just threw shade on Jason Garrett.

If Larry Allen Jr. can play both OG and C, he has a practice squad spot and career in the Dallas Cowboys organization.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So Jerry Jones said eight of them had a 4th round grade. I can see maybe a couple.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just going by highlights I like the Mitch Hyatt pickup. Maybe he will be overmatched in the NFL but I always like the UDFA pickups who were 3-4 year starters on the best teams and one of the leaders of those teams. Those guys sometimes just find ways to be productive players.

You've got company there. I really like this pick as well. I think a year in an NFL weight lifting program will do wonders for him and I think the traits are there. I've seen him projected as high as a third round pick in some circles so I'm thrilled that they managed to get him as an UDFA. I hope they can find a way to keep him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
D2TS7w0X4AA1tDq.png

Alexander

Reaction score
Wise and Hyatt? I'm not sure who else it would be. Maybe the wideouts?
Hyatt is a well known name but there are OL like him every year that slip out of the draft.

Wise, I can see. Westry, I can see mainly because they fell in love with his height/length.

Don't get me wrong, I like the class well enough for the most part. The WRs are both fast and interesting.

But to suggest all but five of the thirteen total carried "fourth round or so" grades?

That is some snake oil being sold.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How much did the Cowboys want Clemson offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt as a college free agent? In addition to a $20,000 signing bonus, they guaranteed him $130,000 of his $495,000 base salary. That’s more than the Cowboys paid in bonus to last year’s sixth-round pick, Cedrick Wilson ($118,408), and seventh rounder, Bo Scarbrough ($85,552).

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hyatt is a well known name but there are OL like him every year that slip out of the draft.

Wise, I can see. Westry, I can see mainly because they fell in love with his height/length.

Don't get me wrong, I like the class well enough for the most part. The WRs are both fast and interesting.

But to suggest all but five of the thirteen total carried "fourth round or so" grades?

That is some snake oil being sold.

You just can't stand that we got so many 4th rounders.

reddyuta

Reaction score

How much did the Cowboys want Clemson offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt as a college free agent? In addition to a $20,000 signing bonus, they guaranteed him $130,000 of his $495,000 base salary. That’s more than the Cowboys paid in bonus to last year’s sixth-round pick, Cedrick Wilson ($118,408), and seventh rounder, Bo Scarbrough ($85,552).

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

that sheds some light on him signing here.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Is this the finalized list?

Dallas Cowboys

• Jalen Guyton, WR, North Texas
  • Mitch Hyatt, OL, Clemson
  • Chris Westry, CB, Kentucky
  • Brandon Knight, OL, Indiana
  • Luke Gifford, LB, Nebraska
  • Andrew Dowell, LB, Michigan State
  • Jon'Vea Johnson, WR, Toledo
  • Ricky Walker, DT, Virginia Tech
  • Derrick Puni, OL, Central Missouri
  • Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas
  • Nate Hall, LB, Northwestern
  • Justin Phillips, LB, Oklahoma State
  • Larry Allen, Jr., OL, Harvard

Alexander

Reaction score
Is this the finalized list?

Dallas Cowboys

• Jalen Guyton, WR, North Texas
  • Mitch Hyatt, OL, Clemson
  • Chris Westry, CB, Kentucky
  • Brandon Knight, OL, Indiana
  • Luke Gifford, LB, Nebraska
  • Andrew Dowell, LB, Michigan State
  • Jon'Vea Johnson, WR, Toledo
  • Ricky Walker, DT, Virginia Tech
  • Derrick Puni, OL, Central Missouri
  • Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas
  • Nate Hall, LB, Northwestern
  • Justin Phillips, LB, Oklahoma State
  • Larry Allen, Jr., OL, Harvard
I believe it is as these put Dallas at the 90 man limit.

Sign someone else you might have to cut one of all these fourth rounders.

StarHead69

Reaction score
I am not expecting much from Hyatt. Seems like a great kid and teammate, but not athletic enough to make it in the NFL.

dogberry

Reaction score
Were our last five draft choices rated by the Boys as fourth rounders or better?