Cowboys Uniform Change *Mega Merge thread*

mmohican29

Reaction score
I've always felt that the pants need to be silver, not seafoam green. the blue pants look odd to me, throws the helmet out of sync with the rest of the uniform. One change I would really like is making a chrome or gun-metal color helmet with the exact same star as we use in combo with the brightest silver pants possible, or maybe even white?

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Not bad. Honestly I LOVE the oldschool blue and white jerseys that we used to bust out on thanksgiving.

I wish we could use them more often.

Hoods

Reaction score
Proof that not all uni redesigns are bad: Jesse Alkire redesigned all of the NFL uniforms using minimalist design principles. I think they look pretty good. Spoiler: he got rid of our green pants. The uni redesign doesn't look too different than our current unis, which is a good thing IMO.

Here is his take on what he did:
Jesse Alkire said:
A single shade of silver, -- blue-tinted -- is paired with a single shade of blue -- navy -- for a consistent look that fixes one of the NFL’s most egregious uniform errors.

The 2-stripe pattern, a Cowboys signature element, is applied to the helmet, jersey, and pants.

White pants provide a clean, crisp, and classic alternative to silver, with either the home or road jersey.

http://www.jessealkire.com/nfl/#/cowboys/

JesseAlkire_DallasCowboys_helmet.jpg

JesseAlkire_DallasCowboys.jpg

JesseAlkire_DallasCowboys_pants.jpg

mrmojo

Reaction score
I like going back to the 70s numerals...still don't like the green in pants. But it looks better than other redesigns I've seen.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Most of his uniform designs actually look pretty sharp.

coult44

Reaction score
Is it me or did he tint the helmets green too? That's just wrong. The cowboys silver is a blueish silver, not greenish. Other than that, it's not bad.

They have had green pants for a long time now.