Cowboys unloading trucks at Salvation Army for Hurricane Harvey relief (video.) Telethon today

Nirvana

Reaction score

The Cowboys announced Wednesday evening that they will practice at AT&T Stadium on Thursday, an event that will double as a live telethon to raise funds for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. The team said "fans are encouraged to call in and speak directly to current members of the Cowboys team who will be accepting donation pledges. Dallas Cowboys alumni will also be manning the phones. Funds raised from the telethon will be dedicated to The Salvation Army for the purpose of supporting the ongoing relief efforts to assist those affected by Hurricane Harvey."

The telethon will be broadcast locally from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. CT on CBS and streamed live on Facebook (Dallas Cowboys) and Periscope (@dallascowboys). During that 90-minute window, those wishing to speak to members of the Cowboys and planning to donate should call 844-790-5687. Current and former players, coaches, executives and ownership will participate, however the practice is closed to the public. Donations also will be accepted at anytime through cowboys.helpsalvationarmy.org.

The club is also donating approximately 30,000 pieces of apparel to The Salvation Army.

"I can’t say enough about how cooperative, how impressed I’ve just been with the Jones family and the entire Cowboys organization," Texans general manger Rick Smith said Wednesday, after the teams chose to cancel their game so Houston's players could return home.

"The way that they have cooperated with us and helped us — I can’t extend more gratitude to the Joneses and the Cowboys organization and how much we appreciate that."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...on-thursday-practice-harvey-relief/619059001/

:clap:

Zordon

Reaction score
No organization has done more than the Cowboys to help but you won't see that on ESPN.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Criticize the Cowboys all you want, but you have to admit they are one classy organization. This will make a tangible difference in the lives of South Texans.

Nirvana

Reaction score
lRlPe15.jpg

KbI1Qso.jpg