They're asking a lot of questions about him

Stre
2555336.jpg

Robert Nkemdiche (DT)
HT: 6'4" WT: 296LBS.

POSITION: DT

SCHOOL: Mississippi

ngths

Exceptional build. Carries no bad weight and has outstanding thickness and power through his rear, thighs and calves. Plus movement skills and runs like a defensive end. Has reactive explosiveness for expanded range as tackler near line of scrimmage. Wrap up finisher who won't allow running backs out of his grasp. Plays with good lateral quickness and can win the race across the face of blockers. Played stronger at point of attack this year. Proved he could penetrate and 2-gap. Showed noticeable improvement as pass rusher this season. Has a decent spin move as pass rusher and plays with the power to force his way through a guard's shoulder and into the backfield. Improved quarterback pressures from 13 to 26 this year.

Weaknesses
For all the talent and athletic traits, his production was disappointing. Produced low tackle totals and just 6.5 sacks over three years. Never forced or recovered a fumble. Ducks head into initial off snap losing track of the ball. Tightly wound, straight-line athlete who needs play to stay inside his optimal area of movement. Inconsistent effort after his initial pass rush move is thwarted. Needs to develop a counter rush move. Was suspended for Sugar Bowl after being arrested and charged with marijuana a possession. Scouting community has serious concerns about his personal character and work ethic.

Sources Tell Us
"Body beautiful and from the Shawn Oakman school of production. He's a much better talent than Oakman, but Oakman is the better kid. He will not be on our board as a first-round option. If he slides, we'll see." -- NFC executive

NFL Comparison
Sharrif Floyd

Bottom Line
Considered the top-rated prospect in the nation when he signed with Ole Miss, the 3-technique tackle is considered one of the key cogs in turning around the Ole Miss program. His talent and frame are worthy of an early selection, but his lack of high-end production and character concerns could cause him to slide. With that said, he has the talent to be an impact starter in the league.

slick325

Reaction score
Welp..."NFL Comparison: Sharif Floyd"...he has no chance in Dallas as long as Marinelli is DC.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In some ways I hope he slides to the second round and we take him just to hear Jerry stumble over his name. Of course I say this every year concerning someone with a odd sounding name.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Myself, give me a kid with at least proven explosive power and not afraid to work, and I'll both, get his attention and train technique. When he gets some adult pride and mixes with the likes of Leon Lett, he should come around.

CCBoy

Reaction score
In some ways I hope he slides to the second round and we take him just to hear Jerry stumble over his name. Of course I say this every year concerning someone with a odd sounding name.

If I had a stadium sized beer room, I'd slur a heck of a lot...:)

tm1119

Reaction score
I'd be happy if he was this year's Gregory and slides to us in the 2nd round. He can definitely be disruptive shooting gaps at either the 3 or SDE.

RS12

Reaction score
So it wont be held against you as long as you are on synthetic marijuana? Good to know.

31smackdown

Reaction score
The report seems pretty accurate. He shows a lot of power and got a lot of attention from other teams in the form of constant double team blocking. I don't think you can really go by the numbers too much because of that. He can be very disruptive with his initial push and does not get pushed back very much in the run game either. He does not have much of a second effort, but I got the feel that it was because of the constant double teaming wearing him down. He exerts so much effort on his initial moves that he can get out of control and lose his vision. He could work well in an attacking scheme like Marinelli runs where he wants that penetration and disruption of the pocket. One of those situation where the guy already has NFL level strength and size, but does he have a work ethic and enough football intelligence to go with it. His personality and off the field stuff will certainly raise questions.

btcutter

Reaction score
You're trippin

Honestly I don't want this guy. Too much baggage. Not sure how long he'll even last in the league. Only taking a flier if the value becomes overwhelming or else no thanks.