Cowboys very interested in Nkemdiche

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Didn't we just sign a 3T for 45m?

I think in Marinelli's mind, his perfect DLine consists of 4 guys that can stop the run extremely well WHILE rushing the passer just as well................in other words, a new Fearsome Foursome. If Nkemdiche falls to us and they take him, they must imagine having a interior DLine like Detroit THOUGHT they had a couple of years with Suh and Fairley.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Just a team doing their due diligence. Every team is doing the same with Nkemdiche. Doesn't mean we're 'very interested'. A team doesn't want to be sitting in the 2nd round with Nkemdiche still there and wishing they had looked into his background or talked to him.

He'll likely make or break some team's draft.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Hurt all year and zero sacks?

No, they have plans...

Rumor is, they are working on a revolutionary visor that makes all opposing o-lines look like the image below. He'll crash through it to get the sack every time.

http://i641.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu136/lllisalllindsay/Windows%20n%20Doors/38lllisalllindsay.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Is it? Here is why I ask, go back and read ALL the things said about Cam, Gregory, .. and numerous other players. You never know what the right atmosphere will do for a kid. Marinelli will not let him take plays off. But there is always the chance he could be a bust but if he was there in the 2nd I would grab him.

I don't recall anyone saying that Cam and Gregory weren't hard workers. I'm a bit more hesitant when a player has a bad addiction (I don't consider pot smoking a bad addiction) and when a player is said to be lazy. That scares me.

I said before he was even drafted that Jadevon Clowney would not live up to his potential because he's lazy. And he hasn't.

Work ethic is something that has to be there, especially when you're dealing with a lot of money.

I might be willing to gamble on Nkemdiche, but not in the first or the second, unless the second involves a trade down and we pick up extra picks in the process.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Both off the field question marks. One is proven in the NFL. Read up on Robert

I think what he's getting at is one (Hardy) put his hands on a woman and by doing so harmed her in some way; Nkemdiche basically smoked synthetic pot and fell out of a four-story window, hurting only himself.

That's the thought that came to my mind, but I didn't feel like arguing about Hardy AGAIN. And, for the record, I'm for resigning Hardy even though I initially didn't want him on this team.

tm1119

Reaction score
Just like Ezekial Ansah's 4.5 CAREER sacks at BYU haven't translated AT ALL to the NFL. Or, J.J. Watt's 11.5 sacks at Wisconsin showed that he would be the ONLY NFL PLAYER IN HISTORY to record multiple seasons of at least 20 sacks. Talent just needs to be pushed in the right direction.

Wish I could like this more. Makes me want to bang my head against a wall every time I see someone use college production as a huge deterrent against a player. Need we also go over all of the guys who put up monster stats in college and never amounted to anything?

reddyuta

Reaction score
kimchi can be dominant,he was playing very well in the SEC before his injury,i just have trouble trusting a guy who did synthetic marijuana knowing the same caused his brother to be hospitalized.

tm1119

Reaction score
I know this is like sacrilege around here, but I can't wait until Marinelli is gone so we can talk about finding talented football players again. Tired of worrying about if the player fits the niche the prehistoric Tampa 2 requires, or if the player is scrappy/grindy enough for Marinelli.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I think what he's getting at is one (Hardy) put his hands on a woman and by doing so harmed her in some way; Nkemdiche basically smoked synthetic pot and fell out of a four-story window, hurting only himself.

That's the thought that came to my mind, but I didn't feel like arguing about Hardy AGAIN. And, for the record, I'm for resigning Hardy even though I initially didn't want him on this team.

Technically I guess Hardy is the (worse) guy but I read Roberts brother is knucklehead who will be living with Robert. My point is why touch him when he may not even be good. Atleast we know Hardy can play.

RS12

Reaction score
I know this is like sacrilege around here, but I can't wait until Marinelli is gone so we can talk about finding talented football players again. Tired of worrying about if the player fits the niche the prehistoric Tampa 2 requires, or if the player is scrappy/grindy enough for Marinelli.

Not to me. In the words of Jimmy J, talent trumps coaching.

waving monkey

Reaction score

Marinelli is a very talented coach who is highly regarded around professional coaching community.
We're lucky to have him.I am under whelmed by his 1tech philosophy but I dont want him gone?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
At 295lbs. Seems a bit small.

Sharrif Floyd weighed in at 297 at the combine and Marenelli viewed him as a 1 tech.

Marenelli will likely never be a fan of the huge 315 pound plus space eaters, he really seems to like hybrid DEs/DTs like TCrawford and JCrawford at the 3T and guys most would view as traditional DTs as a 1T.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Sharrif Floyd weighed in at 297 at the combine and Marenelli viewed him as a 1 tech.

Marenelli will likely never be a fan of the huge 315 pound plus space eaters, he really seems to like hybrid DEs/DTs like TCrawford and JCrawford at the 3T and guys most would view as traditional DTs as a 1T.

I guess if a Ndmendiche is the pass rush guy from the 1T that is better than Hardy there, but we still need a big body for the base, IMO. Either way seems too big off a price for another rotation guy unless he falls to the second like RGregory.

Right now:
..................SDE.....................3T.......................1T...............WDE........
...............DLawrence.........TCrawford........McClain.........RGregory
..................Russell.............JCrawford.........Walker...........Irving
............................................Whaley

Could add: GHardy, JMincey, Fairley, Knighton
Draft: Bosa, Nmendiche, Allen, Nassib, Butler