Cowboys very interested in Nkemdiche

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's going to drop out of the first round - DEFINITELY.

I don't know if he'll make it out of the second, but if he's there in the third round, and Dallas is up to make a pick, then I'm okay rolling the dice.

The guy is freakishly talented. However, I don't know if he was used properly. Ole Miss had him playing as a running back in some occasions. IMO, if you're focusing on more than one position, that can be very distracting.

He probably needs a taskmaster. I don't know if Jason Garrett is the one who can get the most out of him. He'll be a Patriot.

egn22

Reaction score

I don't know if he'll make it out of the second, but if he's there in the third round, and Dallas is up to make a pick, then I'm okay rolling the dice.

The guy is freakishly talented. However, I don't know if he was used properly. Ole Miss had him playing as a running back in some occasions. IMO, if you're focusing on more than one position, that can be very distracting.

He probably needs a taskmaster. I don't know if Jason Garrett is the one who can get the most out of him. He'll be a Patriot.

If any coach can rise to the occasion, it's Jason Garrett

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Like Gregory last year, Nkemdiche was considered a top 5 pick almost the whole year. Take away the window incident and he's probably still in that conversation. I would not hate adding him with the 34th pick.

RS12

Reaction score
If you cant get sacks and finish plays in the SEC, how ya gonna do that on Sundays?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Like Gregory last year, Nkemdiche was considered a top 5 pick almost the whole year. Take away the window incident and he's probably still in that conversation. I would not hate adding him with the 34th pick.

Nkemdiche is a top 5 talent. But I don't know if he has top 5 effort. And that seems to be the knock on him, which precedes his four-story fall.

I don't remember any knocks against Gregory's efforts. I think his fall was a result of testing positive for the sleepy weed.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
If you cant get sacks and finish plays in the SEC, how ya gonna do that on Sundays?

Just like Ezekial Ansah's 4.5 CAREER sacks at BYU haven't translated AT ALL to the NFL. Or, J.J. Watt's 11.5 sacks at Wisconsin showed that he would be the ONLY NFL PLAYER IN HISTORY to record multiple seasons of at least 20 sacks. Talent just needs to be pushed in the right direction.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Also, it's much easier to gameplan and doubleteam defenders in college. Even in the SEC, Nkimdeche doesn't have the surrounding talent that will allow for him to see single teams. He will get that chance at the next level. He just has to dedicate himself to being a pro.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
If he falls...like out of a four story building on draft day, then I may be interested.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
If we're looking at players with big question marks, I would much rather it be Spence. Wasn't impressed with what I saw from Nkemdiche one bit and that was before he fell.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
https://instagram.com/p/BBC3YUxvXW6/

They're asking a lot of questions about him

Stre
2555336.jpg

Robert Nkemdiche (DT)
HT: 6'4" WT: 296LBS.

POSITION: DT

SCHOOL: Mississippi

ngths

Exceptional build. Carries no bad weight and has outstanding thickness and power through his rear, thighs and calves. Plus movement skills and runs like a defensive end. Has reactive explosiveness for expanded range as tackler near line of scrimmage. Wrap up finisher who won't allow running backs out of his grasp. Plays with good lateral quickness and can win the race across the face of blockers. Played stronger at point of attack this year. Proved he could penetrate and 2-gap. Showed noticeable improvement as pass rusher this season. Has a decent spin move as pass rusher and plays with the power to force his way through a guard's shoulder and into the backfield. Improved quarterback pressures from 13 to 26 this year.

Weaknesses
For all the talent and athletic traits, his production was disappointing. Produced low tackle totals and just 6.5 sacks over three years. Never forced or recovered a fumble. Ducks head into initial off snap losing track of the ball. Tightly wound, straight-line athlete who needs play to stay inside his optimal area of movement. Inconsistent effort after his initial pass rush move is thwarted. Needs to develop a counter rush move. Was suspended for Sugar Bowl after being arrested and charged with marijuana a possession. Scouting community has serious concerns about his personal character and work ethic.

Sources Tell Us
"Body beautiful and from the Shawn Oakman school of production. He's a much better talent than Oakman, but Oakman is the better kid. He will not be on our board as a first-round option. If he slides, we'll see." -- NFC executive

NFL Comparison
Sharrif Floyd

Bottom Line
Considered the top-rated prospect in the nation when he signed with Ole Miss, the 3-technique tackle is considered one of the key cogs in turning around the Ole Miss program. His talent and frame are worthy of an early selection, but his lack of high-end production and character concerns could cause him to slide. With that said, he has the talent to be an impact starter in the league.

Speaking of Shawn Oakman, do you think we could move him inside? Maybe add some weight to his lower body. Just asking for opinions.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
I am thinking IF he slides to 3rd round. Our 2nd rounds is way too high.

Is it? Here is why I ask, go back and read ALL the things said about Cam, Gregory, .. and numerous other players. You never know what the right atmosphere will do for a kid. Marinelli will not let him take plays off. But there is always the chance he could be a bust but if he was there in the 2nd I would grab him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would not entertain drafting a player to change is position of development...maybe as a pickup for the practice squad.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Just like Ezekial Ansah's 4.5 CAREER sacks at BYU haven't translated AT ALL to the NFL. Or, J.J. Watt's 11.5 sacks at Wisconsin showed that he would be the ONLY NFL PLAYER IN HISTORY to record multiple seasons of at least 20 sacks. Talent just needs to be pushed in the right direction.

:hammer:

lkelly

Reaction score
Speaking of Shawn Oakman, do you think we could move him inside? Maybe add some weight to his lower body. Just asking for opinions.

You could put some rocks in his pants pockets like Dorsett used to do in order to qualify for pee-wee football.

btcutter

Reaction score
Is it? Here is why I ask, go back and read ALL the things said about Cam, Gregory, .. and numerous other players. You never know what the right atmosphere will do for a kid. Marinelli will not let him take plays off. But there is always the chance he could be a bust but if he was there in the 2nd I would grab him.

60th pick vs 34th pick. Huge difference in remaining talent pool. 34th you can say it's borderline 1st round talent. I like to believe there will be someone who can contribute and be cornerstone for years to come.
He's a boom or bust type player to me like Gregory. Personally I won't take Gregory at 34 either. We are too thin in talent on this team to take that type of a chance with the 34th pick. There will be a player at 34 that we need and probably depend on more. Football is not only about talent but also availability (injury) and drive (mental).