Cowboys very interested in Nkemdiche

CCBoy

Reaction score
Okay, and? :huh:

Collins didn't get drafted because he was a "person of interest" in a murder case.
Nkemdiche - I predict - will fall into the second because of his drug use and window fall.

Where are we disconnecting?

Never mind, there is no disconnect. Just an ignoring of what is being stated and the level it is presented...and I'll bet a 3 litre coke on his going in the 1st round...period.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Never mind, there is no disconnect. Just an ignoring of what is being stated and the level it is presented...and I'll bet a 3 litre coke on his going in the 1st round...period.

Ignoring what is being stated and the level it is presented? :huh:

Be that as it may, yes, I believe Nkemdiche will drop out of the first round. You say he won't. Well, see.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Won't be the first time. :)

CCBoy

Reaction score

Be that as it may, yes, I believe Nkemdiche will drop out of the first round. You say he won't. Well, see.

That conclusion drawn, is fair...and I won't be rubbing it in if not on the head.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Will he be in the NFL Drug program because of this?

That alone could push him into the second.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Talked to an extremely reliable source this weekend. This player apparently is a saint and has siblings that are buck wild. His brother apparently got him into this mess. Seriously I heard this guy is one of the nicest dudes you could ever meet and needs to escape his family issues.

Sounds like Dez Bryant.....

Question is ....does he like monkeys? That's where I draw the line...;)

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

People at Gregory in top 10 and couldn't believe he was there in bottom of 1st much less almost the 3rd round. I agree I see him falling to 2nd no question

JeffInDC

Reaction score
https://instagram.com/p/BBC3YUxvXW6/

They're asking a lot of questions about him

Stre
2555336.jpg

Robert Nkemdiche (DT)
HT: 6'4" WT: 296LBS.

POSITION: DT

SCHOOL: Mississippi

ngths

Exceptional build. Carries no bad weight and has outstanding thickness and power through his rear, thighs and calves. Plus movement skills and runs like a defensive end. Has reactive explosiveness for expanded range as tackler near line of scrimmage. Wrap up finisher who won't allow running backs out of his grasp. Plays with good lateral quickness and can win the race across the face of blockers. Played stronger at point of attack this year. Proved he could penetrate and 2-gap. Showed noticeable improvement as pass rusher this season. Has a decent spin move as pass rusher and plays with the power to force his way through a guard's shoulder and into the backfield. Improved quarterback pressures from 13 to 26 this year.

Weaknesses
For all the talent and athletic traits, his production was disappointing. Produced low tackle totals and just 6.5 sacks over three years. Never forced or recovered a fumble. Ducks head into initial off snap losing track of the ball. Tightly wound, straight-line athlete who needs play to stay inside his optimal area of movement. Inconsistent effort after his initial pass rush move is thwarted. Needs to develop a counter rush move. Was suspended for Sugar Bowl after being arrested and charged with marijuana a possession. Scouting community has serious concerns about his personal character and work ethic.

Sources Tell Us
"Body beautiful and from the Shawn Oakman school of production. He's a much better talent than Oakman, but Oakman is the better kid. He will not be on our board as a first-round option. If he slides, we'll see." -- NFC executive

NFL Comparison
Sharrif Floyd

Bottom Line
Considered the top-rated prospect in the nation when he signed with Ole Miss, the 3-technique tackle is considered one of the key cogs in turning around the Ole Miss program. His talent and frame are worthy of an early selection, but his lack of high-end production and character concerns could cause him to slide. With that said, he has the talent to be an impact starter in the league.

His game this year against 'Bama is impressive - he's getting double teamed more than 75% of the game.