Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bills Post Game thread***

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Lack of physicality and aggression against the elite teams has been an issue with this regime of MM/Dan Quinn. It's the reason why we have lost to the 49ers the last few seasons. This team is way too finesse.

Teams who play shell coverage (both safeties back), you need to make them pay defending the run against the light box, this is something this offense simply cannot do the last few seasons.

On defense, you cannot be so reliant on one player to stop the run, now it's Hankins, before it was Sean Lee. Enough with these undersized defenders, we need to get more size up the middle.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but what is your actual opinion on the mettle this team has to succeed in the playoffs?
Remains to be seen. They didn’t have it today.

The thing I learned about this team today is that this defense is built in a way that is dependent on gett8ng ahead and forcing your opponent to pass to come back. It’s a speedy but small D.

If there’s anything I didnt understand this off-season was not going all in on a big LB like BobbyWagner. It wasn’t money that kept us from getting him. The difference between Wagner and LVE’s paycheck was $500k.

Cydios

Reaction score
The "Dak sucks" could be replaced by any of the following:

"Meredith sucks"
"Mortan sucks"
"White sucks"
"Hogeboom sucks"
"Pelluer sucks"
"Carter sucks"
"Bledsoe sucks"
"Romo sucks"

It's always the same with some folks, either too lazy or ignorant or mean or disgusted to do any real analysis of why the Dallas Cowboys didn't win more Super Bowls.

Doesn't pay much attention to any of those folks....
No kidding. 51 other guys.. imagine if Romo had this defense.

Creeper

Reaction score
Hankins would not have made a difference I don't think. Maybe on a couple of plays but the way they were running outside Hankins would have just gotten tired and taken himself out. Almost every run was between the DT and DE. And our LBs were not getting off blocks to fill the holes. It was the worst I have seen this team play the run since last year.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
That SF game was much worse. We couldn't stop them at all. We actually made stops in this game but had multiple self inflicted penalties that kept drives alive for them.
Yes, that's how I feel about all of this.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Multiple reasons for why we lost in the playoffs last year showed up it this game. Not looking good atm.

DaleMc

Reaction score
I am not ready to say the team sucks, I do think that the ability to get turnovers makes the defense look better than they really are and this team can't seem to get out of their own way when it comes to dumb penalties and dumb times. They are a good team that can't seem to put a solid team effort together yet. Playoffs are a fresh start but I will continue to have my doubts if they don't fix the penalties and poor play.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hankins would not have made a difference I don't think. Maybe on a couple of plays but the way they were running outside Hankins would have just gotten tired and taken himself out. Almost every run was between the DT and DE. And our LBs were not getting off blocks to fill the holes. It was the worst I have seen this team play the run since last year.
Playing undersized linebackers is killing this defense.