Game Day *** Cowboys vs Browns post game thread ***

Verdict

Reaction score
I am going to take an unpopular stance, but if we don’t turn the ball over (win the turnover battle) we are probably 3 and 1 (even with this putrid defense. Yes. That’s real. And yes that’s fact.

Is this defense bad? Yes. Very bad so far. We aren’t playing the super bowl today. We just need to get the defense to average on defense to make some noise in the playoffs. And yes, we WILL make the playoffs.

As a matter of fact I would love to see a 6 and 10 Cowboys team make the playoffs and win the super bowl to make the world hate the Cowboys even more than they already do.

superonyx

Reaction score
Dak is an enigma. By the time the final bell tolled, Dak compiled many good plays in the attempted comeback. He amassed huge numbers as we tried to pull off the unthinkable again.

And yet, he was a complete non-factor in the second and third quarters as the Browns effectively put the game away. And this happens too often when we fall behind. The fumble was critical, of course, but so too were misfires that led to numerous non-factor drives as the Browns pulled ahead.
When you blame the QB while the team gives up almost 50 points.....you missed something.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke Elliott needs to just eat himself out of the league. Too busy getting a gaf feed me tattoo in the offseason on his gut than learning how to hold onto the ball.
Might as well just start calling him Joseph Randle at this point.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t care what you say about the QB, in desperation time, everyone has to sell out and be desperate, including WRs. I don’t care if Dallas suddenly had your favorite fantasy QB, an NFL team shouldn’t throw 58 passes!

John813

Reaction score
If we're not going to run the ball though, I would just trade him. There's no point having him on the team and paying him the money we're paying, if we're going to chuck the ball 60 times a game. The guy is a great player, but not on this team. He needs to be used.

His longest run into a fumble was a killer though. This team can't shoot itself in the foot like that. I thought he looked great the first two weeks but these past two have been anything but good from him.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Mike Nolan has been bad. Fassel has been worse..and that's saying something considering how garbage this defense is. Special teams has been a liability. The only thing they've done good this season is a fluke onside kick that was more about how poorly Atlanta handled it than anything great we did. The defense just doesn't have the players and injuries have not helped. Special teams has no excuses.
  • Missed FGs and extra points
  • Failed fake punts in your own territory (dumb decisions)
  • Pollard getting the greenlight to run out kickoffs from the endzone
  • Dumb decision to squib/onside kick today

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
When you blame the QB while the team gives up almost 50 points.....you missed something.

But this team's continual struggles are multidimensional. We all know this. This is failure from top down. The special teams (Pollard?!), the offensive turnovers, and of course this woeful defense.

We are all being naive if we think this team's issue can be pinpointed to a single factor.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I think the real issue here is the drafting of Lamb. The Front Office was too stupid to trade down and draft a defensive player. Lamb is a helluva player, but the Cowboys obviously lack defensive talent. So, they draft Lamb and say we’re gonna win games with our offense by scoring at will. Little did they kNow, they were going to have to score 40 every game to have a chance! The reality is this offense has to play perfect game every week for this team to have a chance. How stupid is that? Jerry, you are an idiot...

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Defense cost us the game here people. The offense should not have to score 40+ points every game you all know this people.
I am not defending the defense at all in any way shape or form but the offense can’t take entire quarters off and give the ball away and pray the opposing team lets off the gas after a huge lead. They know how bad this defense is and they refuse to protect the football. They know every point matters with this defense and they still give the ball away like they are a charity organization feeding the homeless.