Game Day Cowboys vs Chargers Game Thread

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problems we have had last year are still there this year. Penalties that killed us on big plays and we still can't stop the big plays from happening. Our D is poor in talent I give you that. But they can't even shed blocks to make tackles. I think they should go back and practice on the fundamentals.

You get penalties in preseason. Especially with injury substitutes playing significant snaps. I'm more concerned with the obvious lack of defensive talent everywhere up front. We'll get the CBs back, and we'll be playing more press. The S blitz by Dixon was cool. I just can't figure out how we're not going to get pushed around up front all year. I wish I'd been able to see the starting DL play. Anybody have anything to make me feel better on that front by any chance?

RS12

Reaction score
Dude on the Official Postgame Show is already selling 2015 as our year.

Doesn't that make everyone feel better?

www.MessenTools.com-Humor-risa-jijiji.gif

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
You get penalties in preseason. Especially with injury substitutes playing significant snaps. I'm more concerned with the obvious lack of defensive talent everywhere up front. We'll get the CBs back, and we'll be playing more press. The S blitz by Dixon was cool. I just can't figure out how we're not going to get pushed around up front all year. I wish I'd been able to see the starting DL play. Anybody have anything to make me feel better on that front by any chance?

I hate saying this but if Brent is healthy and can be that plug in the middle like he was before, I think he might be the only light at the end of the tunnel if his given the green light to play.

Tawney88

Reaction score
Absolutely what I said, best three players on our defense are gone! Ware with a sack tonight sure glad we let him walk.

I did say last year in my original post and I stand by it, Ware being on the field even in a limited capacity demanded attention helping others make plays. Lee was outstanding in the 11 games he played and Hatcher had a career year. It's ridiculous to say losing them can't be a significant indicator of this defense being worse. I stand by my comments.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I did say last year in my original post and I stand by it, Ware being on the field even in a limbed capacity defended attention helping others make plays. Lee was outstanding in the 11 games he played and Hatcher had a career year. It's ridiculous to say losing them can't be a significant indicator of this defense being worse. I stand by my comments.

We have no leader on Defense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate saying this but if Brent is healthy and can be that plug in the middle like he was before, I think he might be the only light at the end of the tunnel if his given the green light to play.

Yeah. I think we're in for a season of getting pushed around up front and having to blitz to try to stop drives.
I do think we'll be a lot better on the backend, though, with our real secondary playing, at least.

JBond

Reaction score
Nothing changes on this forum. The same goofballs are making excuses. The same idiots that defended the Romo contract are the same morons that think the Cowboys have a shot at making the playoffs. They will say anything to keep the post count moving.

Tawney88

Reaction score
Didn't see the first series and didn't hear them say but did Bryant or Witten play? I know Murray Dunbar and Romo didn't (or at least I think so on the Rb).

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing changes on this forum. The same goofballs are making excuses. The same idiots that defended the Romo contract are the same morons that think the Cowboys have a shot at making the playoffs. They will say anything to keep the post count moving.

How 'bout we not call people idiots, morons, or goofballs, and instead just respond to arguments we don't agree with. For example, what excuse making are you referring to? I'm not seeing a lot of positivity or excuse making pouring out over here.

JBond

Reaction score
ConstantReboot said:

Lol. Really? Bringing back an alcoholic killer is your plan? Pathetic.

JBond

Reaction score
How 'bout we not call people idiots, morons, or goofballs, and instead just respond to arguments we don't agree with. For example, what excuse making are you referring to? I'm not seeing a lot of positivity or excuse making pouring out over here.
How about you stop pumping sunshine and try to understand the reality of the situation?