Game Day Cowboys vs Chargers Game Thread

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It has more than some issues.

'Some' is a relative term. How bout this, it has twice as many as 'some' issues. Still, some posters like to complain about that fact, and others don't. It's a matter of preference. Personally, I like the relevant criticisms, but I don't like a lot of complaining, unless it's entertaining complaining that makes me laugh. Others seem to like to complain about everything whether it's relevant or fair, or not. It's a spectrum. I'm not going to get on a guy for not wanting to be negative about a football team, but that's just me.

Tawney88

Reaction score
Symptom? His the head coach so he is responsible of righting this ship. No excuses on his part.

Symptom of the issue, not excusing him at all. By saying what I said it acknowledges that he is an issue, but only a symptom of the real issue. That title belongs to the man who hired him, retained him, undermines him, hires his staff, doesn't understand how to build a team, etc.

rpntex

Reaction score
If it was you I made that comment too, you said we played rookies they all suck. That wasn't true, although we didn't have most of the probable starters in we did in fact play a number of players who may start and many who will play a lot. That was the point. I've explained it a number of times

Nope, wasn't me.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
#1 problem is the front office. There isn't a coach that could fix it.

Guess what? Garrett is part of that front office that you talk about. A lot of tonights issues comes from bad coaching - which leads straight to Garrett. Garrett was never the solution to this team when he was hired. When your NOT the solution, your the problem. Guess who's been coaching the cowboys for almost 10 years now?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Symptom of the issue, not excusing him at all. By saying what I said it acknowledges that he is an issue, but only a symptom of the real issue. That title belongs to the man who hired him, retained him, undermines him, hires his staff, doesn't understand how to build a team, etc.

Thus we can agree that Garrett was a bad hire to begin with.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Guess what? Garrett is part of that front office that you talk about. A lot of tonights issues comes from bad coaching - which leads straight to Garrett. Garrett was never the solution to this team when he was hired. When your NOT the solution, your the problem. Guess who's been coaching the cowboys for almost 10 years now?

It has been postulated to me that Garrett is THE architect.

rpntex

Reaction score
If you think having Ware out there didn't help the defense regardless of his injuries you are mistaken. Sean Lee too, if you think that the defense is better or even as good without them well, let's just end this conversation now and agree to disagree.

Now you're moving the goalposts, because that's not what you said.

What you said was that we "lost the three best players on the defense". Last season, Ware and Lee were clearly not among the three best players on this team. .

Tawney88

Reaction score
A lot of the issues tonight come from poor talent. I don't excuse Garrett but Guess who has been in charge of everything forms socks to jocks for almost 20 years. Who hired and retained him?

Ware with a sack tonight for all those thankful he is gone.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bad coaching? What are you referring to, specifically? Because I saw a lot of bad players and a very plain defense playing zone with players off the street. Basically, almost exactly what I expected for this first preseason game.

Weeden looked good. No major injuries, right? I'm calling it a success, and I don't care a whit about getting blown out from the third quarter on. Do you?

Tawney88

Reaction score
Now you're moving the goalposts, because that's not what you said.

What you said was that we "lost the three best players on the defense". Last season, Ware and Lee were clearly not among the three best players on this team. .

Absolutely what I said, best three players on our defense are gone! Ware with a sack tonight sure glad we let him walk.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Let's see. we had the worst defense in cowboys history last year. one of the worst ever seen in the NFL. and we did nothing to fix it. still the worst defense i have ever seen in my life. this is just sickening.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Bad coaching? What are you referring to, specifically? Because I saw a lot of bad players and a very plain defense playing zone with players off the street. Basically, almost exactly what I expected for this first preseason game.

Weeden looked good. No major injuries, right? I'm calling it a success, and I don't care a whit about getting blown out from the third quarter on. Do you?

The problems we have had last year are still there this year. Penalties that killed us on big plays and we still can't stop the big plays from happening. Our D is poor in talent I give you that. But they can't even shed blocks to make tackles. I think they should go back and practice on the fundamentals.

Tawney88

Reaction score
The problems we have had last year are still there this year. Penalties that killed us on big plays and we still can't stop the big plays from happening. Our D is poor in talent I give you that. But they can't even shed blocks to make tackles. I think they should go back and practice on the fundamentals.

Agree

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dude on the Official Postgame Show is already selling 2015 as our year.

Doesn't that make everyone feel better?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Absolutely what I said, best three players on our defense are gone! Ware with a sack tonight sure glad we let him walk.

I for one did not want to see Ware or even Hatcher go without a proper replacement. When Ware left I was hoping that we would sign Jared Allen. I guess sometimes dreams don't come true.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Yeah, our D doesn't look very impressive, but whether or not we can sneak into the playoffs is in the hands of Romo and the offense, and we already knew that.