Game Day ***Cowboys vs Chargers post game thread***

fweegy

Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't look like a bad team out there, so I'm not freaking out. San Diego is no pushover. We just made the typical crucial mistakes that are so frustrating for the fans...and, yes, there were bad calls by the refs against us. Still, we should be able to win our division.

OH GOOD LORD!!!!! Are you for freaking real?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
What's worrisome is Rivers' complete manipulation of the defense may provide a blueprint to how to undress this defense.

Keep in mind, his WRs are mediocre at best and the OL with all the injuries has to be one of the weakest we'll see all year.

you mean he wasn't waiting to see what our defense was giving him? Garrett and Romo are still waiting to see what the Chargers are giving them!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed.

It's funny. People often ask, "If you're so miserable, why do you keep watching?"

Well, today, for the first time, I honestly didn't have an answer for it.

It's gotten stale and old. I'm not going to blame anyone because that's stale and old, too.

I've found that I'm growing ambivalent– I enjoy the wins but the bet is always hedged because of the uneven play that you know is just around the corner.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't look like a bad team out there, so I'm not freaking out. San Diego is no pushover. We just made the typical crucial mistakes that are so frustrating for the fans...and, yes, there were bad calls by the refs against us. Still, we should be able to win our division.

We did look like a bad team in the 2nd half. That is really worrisome to me and I'm not generally a pessimist. They adjusted at half and we couldn't respond. That happened in the KC loss as well, if memory serves.

The coaching appeared to possibly have turned something of a corner -- guys were flying to the ball, Marinelli was getting amazing play out of the line, etc. All of that was essentially absent for the last 35 or so game minutes.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I mean really. What can u say. This organization is a joke and has been for quite some time. We let a crippled San Diego ***** slap us the entire second half. Nothing else to say. I'll continue watching and praying, bit I'll feel stupid doing it. What will it take to prove Garrett is a pitiful excuse for a headcoach?

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Blame the offense for only able to score 14 points. Blame the defense for allowing Rivers to go 400 yards all the while having back ups on the Oline. This was a winnable game that fell apart after Lee's pick 6.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
I've found that I'm growing ambivalent– I enjoy the wins but the bet is always hedged because of the uneven play that you know is just around the corner.

That's how I felt until this season. This season seemed a bit different. Now it doesn't. This one is a full-on disappointment to a guy that has learned not to get disappointed.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's so sad, I have little to say.

it's not sad anymore, it's numbing. this franchise has sapped my energy, passion, swagger as a fan little by little the last decade of crap. it's to the point where i'm on "E" as a fan.

wsmit058

Reaction score
Well not to much you can say after a game like that. The most difficult thing about the cowboys situation is that it's hard to tell what the problem is. So many people are at fault but the main issue is Jerry Jones. Therefore we will continue to have these problems.

cowboys102030

Reaction score
When is Jerry Jones going to croak? Not for another 30 years probably, given our luck. 30 more years of futility, hooray!

Bizwah

Reaction score
I have finally grown tired of defending the team. I will go to work tomorrow and face the constant ridicule that accompanies a loss. I will finally have nothing to say that can defend my position. These freaking Chiefs fans come out of the woodwork and talk the most annoying smack when they're good.

30yrheel

Reaction score
This team is no different than the past. I'm relieved when the games aren't on TV.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score

Dip****, we got completely dominated in the second half. What in the blue hell were u watching?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if Jerry makes some asinine comment such as, "We competed well (lipsmack), I'm not disappointed" then I vote he and Ratliff get locked in a room together.