Game Day ***Cowboys vs Chargers post game thread***

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think if there's anything we can learn from that fumble at the goal line in particular, it would be this:

At some point this team is going to have to start investing quality draft picks into finding a big pass catcher who can create mismatches.................

Zman5

Reaction score
Win one, and lose one. Yep 8-8.If we are lucky.

RamziD

Reaction score
I think if there's anything we can learn from that fumble at the goal line in particular, it would be this:

At some point this team is going to have to start investing quality draft picks into finding a big pass catcher who can create mismatches.................

Like Gavin Escobar?

Naruto

Reaction score
Our wins are against teams combined 1-7

Reid dominated us as per usual.

Rivers put on a clinic like so many QBs have in recent years.

This is the same team we've seen the last handful of years.

Nothing has changed. They don't know how to win. The core of this team are average run of the mill players.

Mix all of that together and you get 8-8. Plain and simple

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Like Gavin Escobar?

Or Dez Bryant? Who is completely misused in this offense. Yay a fade to Dezzie at the goal-line....It's ridiculous how we can't get this guy into open spaces with room to run after the catch other than his second TD reception.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
LOL..............so where are all the guys saying how this season has such a different feel to it?

Looks like the same old loser Cowboys to me..................500 record year after year after year.

Cant wait for next week when the Broncos embarrass us. If you cant beat a bunch of backups San Diego put on the filed, you dam sure aint going to beat Peyton and the undefeated Broncos.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most inconsistent team in the NFL.
We've beaten two bad teams at home and lost fairly close games to two middle-of-the-road teams on the road (KC may turn out better). What's inconsistent about that? It's exactly what you'd expect a middle-of-the-road team to do.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Our wins are against teams combined 1-7

Reid dominated us as per usual.

Rivers put on a clinic like so many QBs have in recent years.

This is the same team we've seen the last handful of years.

Nothing has changed. They don't know how to win. The core of this team are average run of the mill players.

Mix all of that together and you get 8-8. Plain and simple

Exactly................unless it is a trash team like the Rams or Giants..............going to be hard to get wins this year. Anybody half way decent is going to beat us, especially on the road.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our receiving corps looked like the Rams last week, dropping everything in site.

That 56 yard FG attempt led to a FG for San Diego.

SD got away with severe, blatant holding all game.

We had no pass rush and no pass coverage.

Romo locked on Witten too much at times.

Witten doesn't fight for the ball enough. He just waits for it to come to him.

Lee and Carter got beaten on multiple touchdowns.

Our coaching staff was outcoached.

Chris Jones had a bad day punting.

I could go on, but what's the use?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Or Dez Bryant? Who is completely misused in this offense. Yay a fade to Dezzie at the goal-line....It's ridiculous how we can't get this guy into open spaces with room to run after the catch other than his second TD reception.

incredible right? Andre Johnson, played on one leg, was double teamed and still made lots of plays in their loss. Yet they proclaim Dez to be the second coming, and they let the opposing defense take Dez out of the game on a weekly basis.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'm 51 years old. I'm been there for 5 SB wins, 3 SB loses, I've been there for 1-15 and during that entire time I lived and died with the Dallas Cowboys, good and bad. I hate Jerry Jones. Not as much for what he has done to this team in the past 15 years, but for what he has done to me. I'm numb, I'm dead. I sit and watch every game without any emotion anymore. When they do good, I immediately look up in the upper left corner of the tv for the flag. When they do bad, I PRAY for that flag. I have become the most angry, bitter, miserable Dallas Cowboy fan in history....and I owe it all to Jerry Jones. Best owner in sports......worse GM in the history of sports. Lombardi couldn't coach this group of misfits to championships. There is NOTHING positive about this team anymore. Even Dez, who is by far, our best player, has that one critical drop every game. It's only a matter of time before Lee, Carter, or Murray are hurt again. There is no hope for this year and any year in the near future. This team is dead, and so am I.
You are not alone, I have seen it all from Morton to Staubach, White, Aikman, etc. I remember when the Cowboys were the most exciting team in the NFL, their games were must see because they were so talented and well coached. I can say the last 5 years have been the worst I have experienced as a fan, I have been conditioned to have no expectations, I don't celebrate win's too much because I know something like today would happen. This veteran core of players that have been around the last 8, 9 years are all great players but their has always been something missing with them that won't let them get to that next level. Is it leadership, intensity, drive??.....or are they just lacking that "it" factor that can't be defined. I want to feel pain again after losses and euphoria over hard fought wins, I am not feeling any of that anymore. Today the game wasn't on TV in my area and it really didn't matter, because I have seen this script before, and this is coming from a true blue, die hard, who cried like a baby when SF beat us in 81 and 94, when Staubach retired and Landry passed away, Cowboy fan.........

fweegy

Reaction score
Our receiving corps looked like the Rams last week, dropping everything in site.

That 56 yard FG attempt led to a FG for San Diego.

SD got away with severe, blatant holding all game.

We had no pass rush and no pass coverage.

Romo locked on Witten too much at times.

Witten doesn't fight for the ball enough. He just waits for it to come to him.

Lee and Carter got beaten on multiple touchdowns.

Our coaching staff was outcoached.

Chris Jones had a bad day punting.

I could go on, but what's the use?

To paraphase....Dallas is a joke.

smoovb

Reaction score
what gets me is that when the team is in crucial situations, you can consistently count on something going unbelievably wrong, which is the only thing consistent about this team. man it must be nice to be a denver fan. oh wait, the crush - err, play us next week.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We've beaten two bad teams at home and lost fairly close games to two middle-of-the-road teams on the road (KC may turn out better). What's inconsistent about that? It's exactly what you'd expect a middle-of-the-road team to do.

Yep, that is the essence of .500 ball right there.

Cant wait for the Broncos to embarrass us next week, as they rightfully should. The Broncos are so superior to us in just about every area that it is not even funny.

Plankton

Reaction score
This was an utterly disgraceful performance on defense today.

The Chargers are missing three starting offensive linemen, and they can only get one sack? Only a couple of QB hits?

They couldn't get off the field at all. And, nice discipline by Ware on the offsides late. Without that, I wouldn't have known that he played today.

Offense wasn't much better, but the defense was hideous.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This was an utterly disgraceful performance on defense today.

The Chargers are missing three starting offensive linemen, and they can only get one sack? Only a couple of QB hits?

They couldn't get off the field at all. And, nice discipline by Ware on the offsides late. Without that, I wouldn't have known that he played today.

Offense wasn't much better, but the defense was hideous.

They looked like they really dont want to play today for some reason. All of them looked like they couldnt wait to get back on the plane and come home.

I think the problem may be that losing just doesnt bother these guys anymore. Serously, I think they have become used to losing and it doesnt bother them anymore.