Cowboys Vs Commanders ***Game Thread***

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
94WARE94;1773938 said:
Pretty much ...

Game plan "Attack Roy Williams" "Exploit the middle of the field"

dude, do you honestly think thats what it was, one guy?

our secondary, other than one guy got abused...it was not just RW...Terrance Newman was the only guy who showed up back there today...Henry, RW, Hamlin and Reeves took turns giving up huge completions

whatever kind of zone defense we tried to employ today should all be thrown out of the playbook...horrendous

David

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
94WARE94;1773938 said:
Pretty much ...

Game plan "Attack Roy Williams" "Exploit the middle of the field"

We are undefeated with other teams using that game plan ..... I hope every team uses it for the rest of the year.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wxcpo;1773886 said:
Not a pretty win, but a win. Defense played soft all game, but made a couple big plays when they had to. Campbell wasn't all that great, he took what the defense gave him and we had no pass rush, any QB would have looked good the way our D played today.
We made him look like an All-Pro. Our D has a habit of doing that for opposing QBs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;1773962 said:
Lets give credit, now

Credit for what? For being able to hit receivers with 10 yard cushions or standing wide open in the center of the field? Did you even watch the game? Our defense was atrocious, if you want to give credit, give it to his receivers for finding soft spots in our defense.

All he had to do was pitch it in there with some semblance of accuracy.

bigE79

Reaction score
Cbz40;1773904 said:
I'll say it again a great "W'. Man the Skins came to play as we knew they would.
Your right,but they still s**k.Today was their playoffs and superbowl,and they lost both...GREAT JOB COWBOYS:bow:

Scotman

Reaction score
I've got to agree. Campbell was fantastic and it really doesn't matter why.

Still, Romo to TO had a nice ring to it today, didn't it.

Second thought, Newman's last minute interception may finally award him enough recognition to land him in the Probowl.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;1773901 said:
the lack of running game is still a major concern

David

The running game was solid. You have to realize that a running game isn't usually "On" from the get-go. You usually have to "get the running game going". But we have a QB calling plays so patience for the running game is gonna go out the window.

One thing that would improve the running game would be a better running back. Barber runs like a maniac, but he makes questionable decisions at times. We need McFadden. :D

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
zrinkill;1773973 said:
We are undefeated with other teams using that game plan ..... I hope every team uses it for the rest of the year.

Wait till we play the packers... you see what the Pats did to us..

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rack;1774002 said:
The running game was solid. You have to realize that a running game isn't usually "On" from the get-go. You usually have to "get the running game going". But we have a QB calling plays so patience for the running game is gonna go out the window.

One thing that would improve the running game would be a better running back. Barber runs like a maniac, but he makes questionable decisions at times. We need McFadden. :D

We need McFadden more than we need a CB?

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Sometimes I can see why other fans call us arrogant.

Lets give credit where it's due.
That team came in all banged up and most on this forum had us winning by 20 or more.

I hate the skins as a team as much as most here ,but come on, They played well.

We can't always blame the good playing on other teams as our bad play. Granted they go hand in hand , but you've got to give them some credit.

JMO

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheCount;1774029 said:
We need McFadden more than we need a CB?

If the BEST CB and McFadden are both available at our Pick, you take McFadden. Cuz he's BY FAR better then any CB in this draft.

And the problems in coverage today were mental, not physical. The CBs on the team are fine. The playcalling was horrible.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
thekavorka;1773978 said:
A lot of QBs could have made those throws today. The receivers were wide open.

So what is the mark of a good quarterback? Making completions when players aren't open?? :rolleyes: Why....wouldn't that get a guy benched after he throws INTs and incompletes?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
94WARE94;1774003 said:

I understand that you are a Packer fan ..... but I am not scared of the packers.

This game was close because it was the Cowboys vs the Commanders ..... not because our defense sucks.

:rolleyes: freakin trolls ....

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
94WARE94;1774003 said:

After todays ,almost debacle, I've got us beating The Pack.

I still say we had a let down from The gints game.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
zrinkill;1774051 said:
I understand that you are a Packer fan ..... but I am not scared of the packers.

This game was close because it was the Cowboys vs the Commanders ..... not because our defense sucks.

:rolleyes: freakin trolls ....

How am i a troll??... When will you people realize nothing with the Pass defense has changed since last year.. teams that can throw the ball and can spread defenses out will kill us because it isn't a good matchup for us... it has nothing to do with being a GB fan its called reality some of you guys on here think like idiots

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;1774037 said:
Sometimes I can see why other fans call us arrogant.

Lets give credit where it's due.
That team came in all banged up and most on this forum had us winning by 20 or more.

I hate the skins as a team as much as most here ,but come on, They played well.

We can't always blame the good playing on other teams as our bad play. Granted they go hand in hand , but you've got to give them some credit.

JMO

It has nothing to do with being arrogant, you just seem intent on giving credit where it hasn't been earned. You want to give them credit, give it to their dline and their receivers. Their QB wasn't anything special.