Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders post game thread***

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Being proud of your team after a win is mutually exclusive of being realistic to the issues of said team. I know this team needs a complete offensive and head coaching overhaul, I know we need some talent at some key places, however as much as a win may have potentially helped us, I am still happy to see the team win. It's the fine line we walk as fans.

Fans need to stop telling fans how to be fans. Period.

Pizza's need to stop telling pizza's how to be pizza's.

BigD5

Reaction score
On a better note my new Romo color rush jersey is now 1-0 when wearing it during the games

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Pizza's need to stop telling pizza's how to be pizza's.

Really? You're like an itchy piece of lint stuck to my ball sack during an important meeting. Congratulations, you're #1 on my ignore list after 4 years of posting here.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't understand people that whine about draft position. Loser mentality! Attitude means so much in football! I guess fans can afford that mentality. Thank heavens the players feel differently!

I ask this honestly and would like an honest answer. "Do people really expect our coaches and players to simply lay down and play for draft position?"

This is professional football, not the California Penal league.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Whoever said it had to be immediately? If Romo does come back, maybe he will and maybe he won't, then the likes of Goff or Lynch would have an opportunity to sit and learn for a while like Rodgers in GB did.

But why keep it so short sighted? Not only does it line you up for a top pick at QB but those prospects that may have fallen into the 2nd round such as a RB, CB, S, etc that could help us as well rather than having to worry about trading up or having them fall off the board a few picks before us.

Hope you and the rest of these giddy fans are happy come draft time where it was a repeat of this list draft and players we wanted not being there for nothing more than the sake of a few pointless wins.

You are comparing Goff and Lynch to Rodgers? Do you realize the cap implications of what you are saying? At all? Sure lets pay a backup qb millions of dollars, and by the time romo leaves, he need a new contract. That makes perfect sense. Rodgers was drafted lower in the first, not in the top 5, the money is a completely different thing. And "if" romo comes back? Romo is coming back, whether its this season or next, hes coming back.

GermanJohn

Reaction score
I played football for about 16 years at all levels- peewee, HS, and college. One thing that I know was instilled in me along the way was the ability to constantly look ahead and figure out ways that we could win if we performed at our optimal level, even in the most dire situations. Dallas, along with all the other teams, have athletes like myself in this regard. Personally, I'm not rooting for the cowboys to lose (for the sake of a better draft pick) until we are mathematically eliminated and there is no way we can possibly make the playoffs. There's a lot of people here who would say I'm crazy for thinking we even have a chance, and would rather cash out right now. BS. Crazier things have happened, namely the eagles beating the pats just two days ago. The Giants won a super bowl when literally all odds were stacked against them just a couple years ago. Is it likely that Dallas turns over a new leaf starting tonight? No. But it's a possibility, and everybody that considers themselves a true Cowboys fan should be buying into that mindset until it is no longer realistic. If you can't believe in your team until the very end, then you are just a fair-weather fan in my book.

Zman5

Reaction score
That's right....Don't understand the hate on Church. He makes a lot of tackles....

He's problem isn't tackling. When he is on he's the best on the team. The problem is with covering receivers. And begining of this year, he was even missing tackles.

Zman5

Reaction score
So why did Rod wait till this game to blitz like he did tonight? Makes you wonder.