Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles 1st half game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Seeing Romo throw a TD pass today gave me the biggest smile I've had all year. He IS the better QB and should be.

As an organization though its clear that we are moving on. Two years without a huge QB salary (or dead cap space) could be huge for us to resign our OL and add some D help. Prescott is playing more than good enough to win it all. Its just a matter of putting the rest of the team together.

If Montana, Manning, and Farve can finish their careers on other teams then so can Romo. It makes me sad to think that we could win it all this year and Romo won't be the starter. But stories don't always end the way I want them to.

This is totally the case. Romo is better, but the team is embracing the future. Better to do it one year too soon than one year too late.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
We have the best backup in the league and I'm glad he looked great. Maybe we get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him now.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Romo looked good in the 1 series he had, I agree, but is anyone real confident that he stay healthy, I'm not...

That's what makes Romo problematic for any team.

Houston is worried that Osweiler stays healthy.

J817

Reaction score
I'll preface as usual...love Romo. But there is also the idea that maybe this offense runs better with a guy who is younger, healthier and who stays within his bounds vs making mistakes here and there. It's not like Romo was tearing it up when he did play in injury seasons. You just can't assume veteran is automatically better at this point in his career

A veteran with a Pro-Bowl / All Pro pedigree (a Tony Romo).

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1st and 10

Sanchez is still in.

Sanchez 3 wides left - Sanchez hand off Morris destroyed.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
you can say the same about Tom Brady too

Typical deflection...

"No no don't bring up that! What about the Patriots?"

Yeah, and so did Joe Montana. The point here is, you should have the best player on the field. Period. Jimmy might perform well with the Patriots, Brady is better. Young was a great player, but Montana was better.

On the offensive side of the ball, we are simply loaded. I kinda like the thought of having an experienced elite QB running things.

Status
Not open for further replies.