Game Day Cowboys vs Eagles 1st half game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Romo isn't coming back trust me. He would be making too much money to be a backup with just a slight pay cut. It would take a major pay cut to get him down to backup money and he's not going to want to be a backup. There's a number of teams he could start for and he will be starting for someone next season.

So how are you getting rid of that $16M cap hit if he leaves?

No one is talking about the massive amount of dead money if Romo goes anywhere or is cut.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In all fairness, Sanchez would be a viable back-up next year if he could minimize his INT's. But, I think it is in his DNA and that will always be his downfall.

I don't want him here but he is better than Moore....

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Romo isn't coming back trust me. He would be making too much money to be a backup with just a slight pay cut. It would take a major pay cut to get him down to backup money and he's not going to want to be a backup. There's a number of teams he could start for and he will be starting for someone next season.
If you go back and watch Butler's toe tap I will trust you.

JDSmith

Reaction score
In all fairness, Sanchez would be a viable back-up next year if he could minimize his INT's. But, I think it is in his DNA and that will always be his downfall.

I don't want him here but he is better than Moore....

He's more talented than Moore, but I'm not sure he'd give us a better chance to win.

popp1234

Reaction score
It does for them and it should. After a crappy season they can close it out with wins against the 2 best teams in the NFC.

They are not playing one of the so-called "two best teams" today (mostly backups). Also, I totally disagree, the Giants are not one of the two best teams in the NFC.

CWR

Reaction score
Says who? Every indication, every article over the past two months was that he wants to start and would rather go somewhere where he will. I have read nothing that says he doesn't want to move his family. Or a single article that says he would be happy in Dallas next year as the back up. Besides his family can stay in Dallas if he plays with another team for a season or two.

I think it's more about the logo.

lwehlers

Reaction score
sanchez is just awful. guy cannot complete a ten yard pass even. he needs to do something else other then football.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Romo isn't coming back trust me. He would be making too much money to be a backup with just a slight pay cut. It would take a major pay cut to get him down to backup money and he's not going to want to be a backup.

I know you're right but I'd still like to see Tony with the Cowboys next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So how are you getting rid of that $16M cap hit if he leaves?

No one is talking about the massive amount of dead money if Romo goes anywhere or is cut.

I'm no cap expert that will be figured out during the off-season.

J817

Reaction score
I think the team has had enough work with Dak that they would adapt to his playing style quickly. As for development, I'll take the present over the future. Nobody knows what next year will bring. And Dak can learn from the bench, it's not like they'd make him stay home if he wasn't starting.

You say that as if this team has a history adapting well (see the last 2 years), and Dak is learning from the field and progressing nicely. Something he would not be able to do on the bench. Now it appears we our QB for the future who could still potentially lead this team to a SB win. I'd trade that over watching a pro bowl caliber QB with a very high probability to fall due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.