Cowboys vs Eagles ***Official Game Thread***

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
I have 3 words.....awful..awful..awful. This is the kind of game we'll win though...just watch.

How long until the flea flicker???

In the 3rd Q......
pigskinp.gif

If I don't say so myself.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
He got beat pretty good by the rookie, but then came back as the receiver got his hands on it and reached around hard and I actually think he either got the ball and pushed it out at last split second or at least jarred the right arm of receiver helping it bobble out of there. That was a close one. Between that and the Barber fumble, we got a few breaks there at the end, not to mention the gift wrapped int. to Roy. If Reeves defensed it then kudos to him. We missed Henry though, if only for his size/reach and the way he looks back at the ball better than anyone cept maybe Newman.

Crazy Cardiac Cowboys.

We had one coming to us from the football gods though after Washington and Seattle.

Larry

dalsyk

Reaction score
Yeah he did get a hand in there at the last second. I jumped off the couch screaming no! no! Then I see he dropped it! Whew!

sillycon

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Yes he did, it was a very good play by Reeves.

A good play would've meant he was in position to defense the pass... He was damn lucky that he got a piece of the ball...

Eskimo

Reaction score
Reeves got lucky on that one.

We'll be much better when he is relegated to STs.

wileedog

Reaction score
sillycon said:
A good play would've meant he was in position to defense the pass... He was damn lucky that he got a piece of the ball...

How many CBs have we had around here who were in "position to defense the pass" and couldn't play the ball for ****?

It was a solid play by Reeves, he stopped a completion and probably saved the game.

Eskimo

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
I hate it when people claim a good play was "luck". Luck or not, he made the play and that is all that matters.

He consistently was in poor position to make plays on the ball against a pretty bad set of WRs.

He is not fit to play CB in this league.

He will get severely exposed against other teams if Henry does not come back soon.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Not to mention, wasn't that also him on the last pass attempt by McMahon before the FG try? That was a very nice break-up also, and extremely crucial as well, as they would've been down to about the 30 yd. line with that completion (assuming the receiver gets out of bounds).

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
How many 4th stringers are able to play as well as the starter? Oh yeah none so take Reeves for what he is. He made a decent play.

Eskimo

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
How many 4th stringers are able to play as well as the starter? Oh yeah none so take Reeves for what he is. He made a decent play.

Yes, but that 4th corner could have been B Thornton who is playing decently for the 49ers. Granted, he would be the 4th CB here but AGlenn is old and none of the other CBs on the roster have the potential to cover WRs in this league. We will probably have to draft another CB next year.

mrecktid

Reaction score
Oh wait, then why is Keyshawn still up and running and Michael Lewis is dazed for about 5 minutes? :) :) :) :) :) You know you're a tough guy when the guy that hits you is the one that gets hurt.

Update: Just read the SI.com story, turns out Michael Lewis suffered a concussion!

2much2soon

Reaction score
I have said it a few times but Key has repeatedly show himself to be one of toughest guys in the league. He and Laroi Glover have to be two of the toughest competitors in the game.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
The refs really messed up...

when they put mcmahon (the emergency qb) in it made both of the qb's ineligible to return to the game but there was detmer holding for the FG at the end of the game

Cas2800

Reaction score
Not to mentioned that on the long run by Barber it was none other that Keyshawn running his *** off down field to make a block for Barber that gave him another 7 yards.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i think mcmahon is second string otherwise the eagles probly wouldv'e put in detmer instead