Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

VThokie7

Reaction score
I don't consider either of those things mistakes. And I'm not blaming injuries, just saying they had the better team in he field.

We usually lose close games because we can't stop anybody throwing the ball on third downs. Tonight we can add turnovers to the short list. But not coaching.

Not having a balanced offense isn't a mistake? It certainly cost us the Packers game and could've helped keep the worn out defense off the field today.

Novacek84

Reaction score
Jerry is only disappointed that he won't have the extra revenue of a playoff game in his building next Saturday.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Get used to this ending gentlemen. This may have been the best chance we had in a bad division to take the East. 10 and 6 won't do it next year and I'm certain the Eagles will improve, especially with Chip Kelly's knowledge of college players similar when Jimmy was here. They're young in some key positions, including QB which is shocking to me. It's disgusting how they landed another franchise QB just two short years after dumping McNabb.

The bottom line is Chip Kelly vs Jason Garrett for the foreseeable future and that's about as lopsided as it gets. We have no identity on offense except that we'll throw much more than we'll run even if the run is working. We had our chances today and the D played as well as anyone could have expected but when you're down at the 20 and go into a shell and take the FG, you know we don;t have a prayer. By the same token, it's the end of the first half and we're at the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left and we pass instead of working the field and the clock. Orton throws a pick and the Eagles score a TD. I thought those were key points in the game and wasted opportunities.

I get the Garrett hate and somehwat the love for Kelly but let's not blow his genius out of proportion. He may be on to something with his training regimens but he had ZERO players on IR after the season started and his team got out played by the idiot Garrett both times they played.

acer941

Reaction score
No Head Coach or Defensive coordinator deserves there job after this season. Never forget Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans, Philadelphia

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not having a balanced offense isn't a mistake? It certainly cost us the Packers game and could've helped keep the worn out defense off the field today.

We blew the Packers play calling by not running the clock out when we should have, and that's definitely on Garrett, but not because of "balance". Balance is unimportant, it's situational football that matters. What you need is effectiveness, and you're assuming we'd have been effective running into those run fronts. That's not a given.

Losing the interior LBs unravelled the patchwork defense and cost us the Packers game. And the two turnovers. These are the things that cost NFL teams games.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Closer than I thought it would be.

Good game by Orton overall and strong defensive effort.

Just not enough talent.

Mediocre team minus a QB.

Dodger12

Reaction score
They're 1-1 against each other. Doesn't seem too lopsided. Besides, it's a week to week league. People said Washington was the team on the rise after last season. You give teams a full offseason to study a coach, and things tend to change. Plus you throw in ting s like injuries, free agency, bad breaks, guys not matching the previous year's production...you never really know anymore how good a team will be one year to the next.

Monte Kiffin is close to 100 years old. He's been around a long time and has seen Chip Kelly in college. He couldn't stop him then and he won't stop him now. I don't think teams with professional coaches need all off-season to figure someone out that's been around a while.

In any event, some of our aging core players at the skill position will be a year older. One team is trending up and one is right where it has been for 3 seasons and that's 8 and 8. The process shouldn't take this long to implement, or at least it hasn't for Chip Kelly.

Reaction score
You would think we'd be used to it by now but the heartbreak just keeps getting worse. I don't even know what to say.

So beyond upset.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
The Texas Rangers start spring training in 7 weeks...best I can come up with after tonight...

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We blew the Packers play calling by not running the clock out when we should have, and that's definitely on Garrett, but not because of "balance". Balance is unimportant, it's situational football that matters. What you need is effectiveness, and you're assuming we'd have been effective running into those run fronts. That's not a given.

Losing the interior LBs unravelled the patchwork defense and cost us the Packers game. And the two turnovers. These are the things that cost NFL teams games.

all he had to do was run the ball and Garrett proved he cant even do that. Just run the ball, and still the man tries so hard to prove to people with brains THAT HE DOESNT WANT THE JOB. If i worked for you and continued to suck at my job, prove to you i cant handle it, screw up every major decision WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO DO???????

How can you sit there and say "there is no improvement in our team, check, no visible talent coming into the team check, still bad time management, check, poor preparation for certain situations, check and still tell me "Guy , you are SO KEEPING A JOB:

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Monte Kiffin is close to 100 years old. He's been around a long time and has seen Chip Kelly in college. He couldn't stop him then and he won't stop him now. I don't think teams with professional coaches need all off-season to figure someone out that's been around a while.

In any event, some of our aging core players at the skill position will be a year older. One team is trending up and one is right where it has been for 3 seasons and that's 8 and 8. The process shouldn't take this long to implement, or at least it hasn't for Chip Kelly.

Yeah, I'm ready for the Garrett experiment to be over, although I feel we'll have to bear with it for one more year. And I agree things look good for Philly, but you never know how one will be 9-12 months from now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...How can you sit there and say "there is no improvement in our team, check, no visible talent coming into the team check, still bad time management, check, poor preparation for certain situations, check and still tell me "Guy , you are SO KEEPING A JOB:

I'm not saying any of those things.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
all he had to do was run the ball and Garrett proved he cant even do that. Just run the ball, and still the man tries so hard to prove to people with brains THAT HE DOESNT WANT THE JOB. If i worked for you and continued to suck at my job, prove to you i cant handle it, screw up every major decision WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO DO???????

How can you sit there and say "there is no improvement in our team, check, no visible talent coming into the team check, still bad time management, check, poor preparation for certain situations, check and still tell me "Guy , you are SO KEEPING A JOB:

Murray had a whopping 51 yards on 17 carries. That's 3 yds/carry. His longest run went for 9 yards. You don't beat anyone doing that, unless your defense is dominating. Stop acting like running the ball more would have led any better success tonight.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Murray had a whopping 51 yards on 17 carries. That's 3 yds/carry. His longest run went for 9 yards. You don't beat anyone doing that, unless , you're defense is dominating. Stop acting like running the ball more would have led any better success tonight.

hes wearing out the defense and could have broke one or two, stop acting LIKE it wasnt working. Every other caoch is screaming RUN THE BALL. Dont act like it wasnt working After a few runs, a few good passes, no runs, and passes all over the place, you have NO ARGUMENT.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I get the Garrett hate and somehwat the love for Kelly but let's not blow his genius out of proportion. He may be on to something with his training regimens but he had ZERO players on IR after the season started and his team got out played by the idiot Garrett both times they played.

I wouldn't go that far considering one guy is going to the playoffs, in his first year coaching no less while the other guy will be watching the game from his couch for the 3rd year at the helm. Whatever Chip Kelly has done is working at this point, whether it's the way the team practices and/or works out. I'll be the first one to admit I never thought his offense would succeed in the NFL but he proved me wrong. At the end of the day, whether anyone likes Chip Kelly, the Eagles front office went out and got the person they thought was the best coach available. I envy that process, as opposed to finding the guy that fits the owner/GM's comfort zone.

odog422

Reaction score
So, if we had run 3 more times, statistics say we'd have gained 9 more yards. Don't think that would've made the difference. Who knows? He might have busted one, but his longest run on the night was 9 yards.

Statistics say what he got on 17 carries. History says what happens when he gets 20+ carries. It's too bad, but absolutely typical under Garrett, that once again we are left with the same questions and results.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Statistics say what he got on 17 carries. History says what happens when he gets 20+ carries. It's too bad, but absolutely typical under Garrett, that once again we are left with the same questions and results.

and yet people want to defend it. Like they cant get enough of mediocrity.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
hes wearing out the defense and could have broke one or two, stop acting LIKE it wasnt working. Every other caoch is screaming RUN THE BALL. Dont act like it wasnt working After a few runs, a few good passes, no runs, and passes all over the place, you have NO ARGUMENT.

Oh, he could have? Just how many more carries would he have needed before he busted one? Those numbers prove it wasn't working. Just being committed to the run, doesn't mean it's eventually going to work. Maybe he would have fumbled again, you know, like he did earlier in the game. And every other coach was screaming run the ball. What coaches are you talking about? All the armchair coaches on this board? And my argument is a lot more sound than yours. But then, a 5 year old' s argument would be better than yours. AND SHOUTING DOESNT MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT ANY STRONGER.