Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Not calling 46 pass plays for the backup QB that has not started in 2 years............................thats the first thing that comes to mind.

We started the game by going run heavy, and that ended with a fumble. Murray had a few good runs, but we weren't gonna win anything with him running the ball.

Everson24

Reaction score
We are a physically and mentally soft team. It became evident as the season wore on that we do not practice hard enough. Our tackling really regressed and it seemed everytime we made a tackle that player limped off the field

Novacek84

Reaction score
Remember when Bill Parcells looked in the camera in 2003 when he led them to the playoffs with QUINCY CARTER and said about the team "you can't call them losers anymore". We've had absolutely zero leadership of that quality since. Thats why this team is in the predicament it is currently in. Because the owner can't supress his ego. How sad.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
We are a physically and mentally soft team. It became evident as the season wore on that we do not practice hard enough. Our tackling really regressed and it seemed everytime we made a tackle that player limped off the field

No practices hard anymore, not with the new CBA. We just weren't that good.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Remember when Bill Parcells looked in the camera in 2003 when he led them to the playoffs with QUINCY CARTER and said about the team "you can't call them losers anymore". We've had absolutely zero leadership of that quality since. Thats why this team is in the predicament it is currently in. Because the owner can't supress his ego. How sad.

I remember that same team going 6-10 the following season. But I agree with your premise about the owner.

odog422

Reaction score
We started the game by going run heavy, and that ended with a fumble. Murray had a few good runs, but we weren't gonna win anything with him running the ball.

Funny, I thought we were undefeated when he had 20 carries or more...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So abandoning the run and the horrible throw on 4th and 1 are due to injuries? You are relentless with the injury line but it doesn't explain our inability to win close games.

I don't consider either of those things mistakes. And I'm not blaming injuries, just saying they had the better team in he field.

We usually lose close games because we can't stop anybody throwing the ball on third downs. Tonight we can add turnovers to the short list. But not coaching.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Funny, I thought we were undefeated when he had 20 carries or more...

So, if we had run 3 more times, statistics say we'd have gained 9 more yards. Don't think that would've made the difference. Who knows? He might have busted one, but his longest run on the night was 9 yards.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I don't consider either of those things mistakes. And I'm not blaming injuries, just saying they had the better team in he field.

We usually lose close games because we can't stop anybody throwing the ball on third downs. Tonight we can add turnovers to the short list. But not coaching.

you are defending the coaching in this game? do tell?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Get used to this ending gentlemen. This may have been the best chance we had in a bad division to take the East. 10 and 6 won't do it next year and I'm certain the Eagles will improve, especially with Chip Kelly's knowledge of college players similar when Jimmy was here. They're young in some key positions, including QB which is shocking to me. It's disgusting how they landed another franchise QB just two short years after dumping McNabb.

The bottom line is Chip Kelly vs Jason Garrett for the foreseeable future and that's about as lopsided as it gets. We have no identity on offense except that we'll throw much more than we'll run even if the run is working. We had our chances today and the D played as well as anyone could have expected but when you're down at the 20 and go into a shell and take the FG, you know we don;t have a prayer. By the same token, it's the end of the first half and we're at the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left and we pass instead of working the field and the clock. Orton throws a pick and the Eagles score a TD. I thought those were key points in the game and wasted opportunities.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep. Nothing to tell. I'm not going to address every baseless instance of you guys second guessing play calls just because they did not work, though.

Novacek84

Reaction score
So who is scheduled for next years week 17 division title loss? NYG, WAS or PHI. I bet they all can't wait to find out.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

No he's talking football. If you look at the game superficially and emotionally then you're missing the real game. I can say that and tell you I'm on the fence about firing Garrett.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Get used to this ending gentlemen. This may have been the best chance we had in a bad division to take the East. 10 and 6 won't do it next year and I'm certain the Eagles will improve, especially with Chip Kelly's knowledge of college players similar when Jimmy was here. They're young in some key positions, including QB which is shocking to me. It's disgusting how they landed another franchise QB just two short years after dumping McNabb.

The bottom line is Chip Kelly vs Jason Garrett for the foreseeable future and that's about as lopsided as it gets. We have no identity on offense except that we'll throw much more than we'll run even if the run is working. We had our chances today and the D played as well as anyone could have expected but when you're down at the 20 and go into a shell and take the FG, you know we don;t have a prayer. By the same token, it's the end of the first half and we're at the 50 yard line with 2 minutes left and we pass instead of working the field and the clock. Orton throws a pick and the Eagles score a TD. I thought those were key points in the game and wasted opportunities.

They're 1-1 against each other. Doesn't seem too lopsided. Besides, it's a week to week league. People said Washington was the team on the rise after last season. You give teams a full offseason to study a coach, and things tend to change. Plus you throw in ting s like injuries, free agency, bad breaks, guys not matching the previous year's production...you never really know anymore how good a team will be one year to the next.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
No he's talking football. If you look at the game superficially and emotionally then you're missing the real game. I can say that and tell you I'm on the fence about firing Garrett.

on the fence, what does Garrett have to do to prove to you he cant handle teh job? go 8 8 three times in a row, lose out on the playoffs? lose close games? what, what does it take for you to stop defending mediocrity?

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score

How extraordinary of you, i am in awe.