Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles post game thread***

Gameover

Reaction score

I remember, last year, people were saying how unbelievable the Cowboys were for winning games without their best corner, wr, lt etc

Lawrence missed 4
Scan missed a few
Dez missed 3 or 4
Smith missed 1 or 2

When that ball is rolling down hill, it's hard to stop it! Injuries rarely stop it!

People only see the now; what I call shallow thinking or thinkers

Last edited:

Nirvana

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Verdict

Reaction score
You tolerate it too because there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. I love the Dallas Cowboys. You rejoice when they fail and come on here with your negative crap like some 2 year old. YOU are the worst kind of fan. You're in full force after every loss. You should have fun the rest of the season since things are looking down. Enjoy.

I don't understand reveling in Cowboys losses. It's ok to be critical of the team but not to be happy because we lost etc.

Lunzatis

Reaction score
I much rather enjoyed watching Tony Romo playing with historically bad defenses, no pass protection, and a lack of a run game. With Romo, there was a chance. Not saying Dak sucks, but he can't make up for the deficiencies at the clipboard. Romo could. Dak was bad today, BUT good coaching makes up for a lot of the crap we see this week and in previous. Romo was another coach on the field and that helped out a lot. Also, I am angry typing. This is all probably nonsensical, but I need to vent. Look, this is not a Dak rant, I promise you. This is a coach rant. We rely WAY TOO much on a couple of players to carry the team.

It would help if Dak actually had some weapons to work with. Dez is NOT a number 1 WR anymore and T Williams is average at best so the opposing teams' defenses have taken to shutting down Beasley & Witten. I was saying before the draft that Dallas needed another WR to compliment Dez that could actually get seperation and had speed but Dallas picked up Switzer and that, so far, has been a bust. Also, Witten is now having to block more then actually be a receiving threat which makes things worse. The salary that had to be paid to Romo this past offseason didn't help things either. There is absolutely no depth to the o-line and it's beyond obvious now. The coaching is also extremely predictable. This is the same Old Man Romo offense they've used the last couple of seasons and there hasn't been anything added to really take advantage of Dak's skills. On the defensive side, that defensive scheme will not win many, if any, Super Bowls. Peyton Manning and the Colts only won 1 Superbowl with that defensive scheme because the linebacker, Bob Sanders, was ALWAYS injured and the defense wasn't good without Sanders. Sound familiar? That entire coaching staff needs to be fired and the Cowboys need to get an actual coach in there, not a Jerry Jones yes man who can only clap and smile like a trained monkey.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand reveling in Cowboys losses. It's ok to be critical of the team but not to be happy because we lost etc.
It's the I told you so mentality, but we already know the Cowboys stunk up the place. We don't need to be reminded by gloaters.

Verdict

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the game thread, this coaching staff wasn't prepared fore life without Zeke. They should have known that there was a real possibility that Zeke may not play some games this year. They needed to come up with a plan to account for this. It looks like they came up with it this past week by trying some quick passes.

The problem is, they looked horrible doing it tonight. Probably because they just started practicing it this week. It's something they should have done starting in preseason and incorporate some of it in every game this season so that they would be familiar with it when/if Zeke doesn't play.

This staff is so full of themselves saying crap like "We believe in our systems". Yeh the system only works when you have the top LT and top RB playing. I don't expect for it to work just as well without those players but this is like night and day.

It pains me to say this but look at the Deaskins and how well they play with all those injuries. They beat Seattle and gave the Saints a good run for their money today on the road.

They should have drafted a RB which I was saying in the draft. I was afraid they would reach in the first round and they did. I have no idea what is going on with McFadden. Why even have him around? He is better (or at least has been) better than either of the two guys playing in front of him.

Verdict

Reaction score
It would help if Dak actually had some weapons to work with. Dez is NOT a number 1 WR anymore and T Williams is average at best so the opposing teams' defenses have taken to shutting down Beasley & Witten. I was saying before the draft that Dallas needed another WR to compliment Dez that could actually get seperation and had speed but Dallas picked up Switzer and that, so far, has been a bust. Also, Witten is now having to block more then actually be a receiving threat which makes things worse. The salary that had to be paid to Romo this past offseason didn't help things either. There is absolutely no depth to the o-line and it's beyond obvious now. The coaching is also extremely predictable. This is the same Old Man Romo offense they've used the last couple of seasons and there hasn't been anything added to really take advantage of Dak's skills. On the defensive side, that defensive scheme will not win many, if any, Super Bowls. Peyton Manning and the Colts only won 1 Superbowl with that defensive scheme because the linebacker, Bob Sanders, was ALWAYS injured and the defense wasn't good without Sanders. Sound familiar? That entire coaching staff needs to be fired and the Cowboys need to get an actual coach in there, not a Jerry Jones yes man who can only clap and smile like a trained monkey.

Switzer hasn't been a bust. He hasn't been USED.

Zman5

Reaction score
They should have drafted a RB which I was saying in the draft. I was afraid they would reach in the first round and they did. I have no idea what is going on with McFadden. Why even have him around? He is better (or at least has been) better than either of the two guys playing in front of him.

That's another crazy thing with this staff. Why keep him around if they think he sucks? It's insane.

WhizKid

Reaction score

I'm right there with you. Like I said, this is a coaching problem. Dak has his annoyances, but I'm more perturbed by the fact that we are still trying to run the same offense with Dak that we ran with Romo. Two different QBs with two different skill sets. Also, Dez is dropping a lot of balls. I have never taken Dez as a guy to just take the top off a defense(although he was a bit faster). I just don't think Dak and Dez mesh well. Dak can't make the throws necessary to fully utilize dez's skillset(back shoulder fades, 50/50 balls placed where Dez can muscle his way to the ball). Romo had that chemistry. Dak needs a WR who can run great routes (Dez was never proficient at this) and can get open fast(not long developing routes). Dez in this offense, with this QB needs to cut inside more, it was mildly effective today. I think Tony hid a lot of deficiencies with players along with coaching. The guy made Laurent friggin Robinson look like a pro bowler. With that being said, you CAN win with Dak. This coaching staff has to go. There is no excuse anymore.

wileedog

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the game thread, this coaching staff wasn't prepared fore life without Zeke.

Morris put up 5.4 YPC. It's not like he was getting stuffed all night.

How does getting blown out 30-0 in the 2nd half have anything to do with Zeke?

WhizKid

Reaction score

The run game was working, pass protection was good enough. It was the play calling and inability to move the ball. I could def see where Zeke makes a a little difference, but they just got out coached.......again.

Verdict

Reaction score

Morris absolutely sucked. I'm sorry but it's true.

Zman5

Reaction score

Zeke isn't just about running the ball. He changes how the defense plays us. He is a home run threat every time he touches a ball. The defense can't just pin their ears and rush the passer. Zeke opens up the passing game. You can't just look at how well Morris ran and say he was like having Zeke in the line up. Zeke changes how we play because he changes how the defense plays us.

Verdict

Reaction score
I remember, last year, people were saying how unbelievable the Cowboys were for winning games without their best corner, wr, lt etc

Lawrence missed 4
Scan missed a few
Dez missed 3 or 4
Smith missed 1 or 2

When that ball is rolling down hill, it's hard to stop it! Injuries rarely stop it!

People only see the now; what I call shallow thinking or thinkers

When Dez is out the team is actually better off without him.