Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
There was supposed to be a player to pitch to, trailing Lamb. He immediately looked to pitch and of course no one was there. So someone screwed up their route? Not sure. The defense is going to put 9 defenders in the goalline, nothing is getting over them. You have to throw underneath that shell.
Thanks, appreciate the insight.

Plankton

Reaction score
Terence Steele will probably have a negative PFF rating this week. Absolute trash performance. Nice extension, Jones Boys.

Mark

Reaction score
Anyone who blames Dak for this game is clueless…
"Clueless" is holding onto the ball too long, without the foresight to throw it away if the play isn't there. All the great ones do/have done it.

That said, this loss may rightfully be laid at the feet of the defense. They were horrid. You felt like the DAL offense had to score every time down the field just to remain competitive in the game.

This was definitely not "complementary" football. And DQ certainly has questions to answer insofar as his defense was unable to prevent a relatively-immobile Jalen Hurts from lounging in the pocket to play catch with wide-open receivers at will.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Inevitably dak has to win big games to avoid criticism and he deserves criticism a lot but today was not on him. Defense got the 3 & out at the end of the game but routinely all game gave up key third downs and plays etc, o line particularly Steele was very bad.

If you don’t think daks the guy that’s a fair argument for another day but TODAYS loss wasn’t on him, he outplayed hurts

Gambit

Reaction score
Not to mention stepping out of bounds and costing us two points that would have meant we only needed a FG at the end. It's amazing the complex ways this team blows it.
That was unfortunate, do you think he meant to? It was a heck of an effort by him getting there, game of inches.

That kind of "error" I'll take all day long it was him being aggressive and going for it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak played well in this game. Then crap happened there at the end. The Eagles tried to give it away with all those penalties on that last drive. We should have scored down there on the 6 shrugs.
What I saw was an Eagles team that was not as good as I expected. shrugs next game.

Cydios

Reaction score
this team is just losers

losrs lose and that is what they do lol

bunch of losers
Please literally drop dead, when you go an opposing teams threads to make yourself feel better? Better point that loser finger right back at yourself. Unlock your moms basement door and go get some sun.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The team with the superior line and two front line receivers won the game. As for defense, I think they were similar. Didn’t help that Philly fumbled 3 times and every time it bounced back to them. It happens. Sucks to lose, but we are just as good as they are overall. Definitely should have given Steele some help at some point.

lsg13

Reaction score
That was unfortunate, do you think he meant to? It was a heck of an effort by him getting there, game of inches.

That kind of "error" I'll take all day long it was him being aggressive and going for it.
I disagree, the effort was fine but not realizing where he was on the field was the mistake, it wasn't like he was tight roping the sideline, he took a huge step reaching for the goal line... he has to know he close to the sideline and avoid it, even if it means diving for the endzone instead of reaching.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Good news. If recent history holds true, Eagles should be going on a losing streak here soon after their bye week.

Status
Not open for further replies.