Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak played well but completely choked away the last 27 seconds and Parsons was totally invisible and can’t even fall on a ball right in front of his face that could have helped get the win.
Parsons had a sack and a half. We had two chances on offense to win the game because the defense made stops in the fourth quarter.

Stoneman

Reaction score
Dak is not at fault. He carried the team
When you're getting paid 40 million dollars and have a sublime talent like Lamb to toss to, and you continue to not be able to rack up a win against elite competition, you're damned right it's his fault. At some point, for that kind of cash payout, you expect Dak to win the odd game when his team is not able to play at it's peak. It's what elite quarterbacks do to earn their cash. But I'm sure he'll manhandle the Giants next weekend, and all will calm down.

lsg13

Reaction score
One thing we know, and i don’t need to see how the season will end to tell you this, but the boys will not win MM as their coach. Said this 2 years ago after the SF debacle playoff loss, last season and now again today.
they won't win with JJ as the owner/GM, doesn't even matter about the coach anymore...he has basically neutered them

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Been on here since 2007 myself. I don’t need to look in the past, you and your buddy Captain Crush er Crash or whatever his name is, have made it clear who your team is and is not.
You are a Dak fan and not a Cowboys fan... Where is your outrage when people throw other players under the bus?
They came up short tonight as a team. Defense, Dak, o line...the team. Look brother, we don’t know each other enough to make generalizations about loyalties or fandom. So my apologies for calling you an Eagles fan. I just didn’t think it was on Dak tonight, my opinion. There are some games where I have, but not tonight. I am a fan of whoever is under center wearing the star. But there are some that just can’t wait for him to fail…they know who they are.

Stoneman

Reaction score
They came up short tonight as a team. Defense, Dak, o line...the team. Look brother, we don’t know each other enough to make generalizations about loyalties or fandom. So my apologies for calling you an Eagles fan. I just didn’t think it was on Dak tonight, my opinion. There are some games where I have, but not tonight. I am a fan of whoever is under center wearing the star. But there are some that just can’t wait for him to fail…they know who they are.
We don't have to wait for him to fail, he manages to come through on that multiple times per season for us, usually against the contenders. I want him and the Boys to win at least ONE of those games one of these days, and I want it badly, as we all do. Until he wins one of those games, he'll have to accept the criticism. When you're making 40 million a year, it comes with the territory.

lsg13

Reaction score
I think you confuse wanting him to fail with pointing out his faults because they know he will never be what the Cowboys need to win championships... I've supported Dak for most of his career, I thought he could develop into a top QB but it has become evident to me over the last year and a half that he has reach his peak and will never develop into an elite QB...
I hate that because it means we are at ground zero again with a ton of talented players on the team... but I do live in the real world and facts tend to smack you in the face sooner or later.

Dakota

Reaction score
The harsh reality. We will not win a playoff game in SF. We will not win a playoff game in philly in January. Our only path to success requires us winning the NFC. We need the #1 seed. Right now, I don't see it. We gave it our all today. We needed that win more than philly. We gave it everything we had. Hurts was playing on one leg. Goedart was knocked out of the game. Somehow we still came up short. A wildcard victory will be our playoff highlight, if we can even manage that. I'm so sick of being let down. I feel like the worlds biggest sucker. Here we go again. Early season excitement followed by late season disapointment. I'm spent. This may be my last post. Can't do it any more.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Even if we do, it’s another wild card then lose at Philly or SF in the division round. Rinse. Repeat

Well even if we prove we can win a big game in the Regular Season, what some people don't get is playoff football is a whole different game. The cowboys never kick it up a notch like teams that go deep into the playoffs do.

Plankton

Reaction score
I am in no way a Prescott homer, and would prefer that the Cowboys go and find a different quarterback moving forward, but he played his rear end off today. Yes, he needed to be more cognizant of the sideline on the two point attempt, but he made a lot of terrific throws in this game. Terence Steele needs to be benched - he was absolutely brutal out there today, and has been generally lousy this year. I called his performance trash earlier - frankly, Steele's play is an insult to trash.

The defense played well against the run, but didn't make plays in the pass game, and were a no show in the third quarter.

Luke Schoonmaker - oy. Really needs to step up, because the first eight games have not been good.

Michael Gallup - looks like he's fighting the ball every time he tries to catch the ball. The missed catch late in the first half prevented a possible touchdown drive, and resulted in a FG. The Cowboys needed the points.

Tyler Biadasz was also not good today, but Steele was so horrible that it will be overlooked.

The Eagles self-destructed on the last drive, but the Cowboys were not disciplined enough to take advantage - two sacks, a false start and a delay of game. Just terrible. The lack of attention to detail on this team is the reason why they are a cut below, and destined to repeat the previous years.

Stoneman

Reaction score
Eagles fan on other boards? Wow, self esteem really that low?
Been a Cowboy fan since Roger Staubach days, so I think I've seen a fair bit of them and the NFL. And it hurts to see a team with this much talent underachieve so much. But if you're happy with moral victories at this point, fill yer boots.:thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Some of you guys are such crybaby’s. Wah it’s all Dak‘s fault. Game of inches. They win this game at home. Dak overall played well
I would call him out if he didn’t.
They just came up a little short tonight. Defense didn’t play well. But all the “ i told you so” folks will show up tonight,
So would I, but he played well. We played Philthy right down to the wire but lost a road game by inches to a very good team. We lost a TD by Schoonmaker by a couple inches because he was stopped by defenders. CD Lamb was stopped by defenders a couple yards short of a TD at the end. We played good enough to win that game, but we lost by inches on the road to a good team. That's football.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I was about to join you in saying it was not on Dak tonight except the final part of the game changed my mind. Back in 2007 I know I started an Eagles hate thread and then back then those threads were people took pictures of players of other teams and compared them to looking to other people were popular. :) Dunno if those got banned or just have been played out but those were fun back in the day.

Stoneman

Reaction score
I am in no way a Prescott homer, and would prefer that the Cowboys go and find a different quarterback moving forward, but he played his rear end off today. Yes, he needed to be more cognizant of the sideline on the two point attempt, but he made a lot of terrific throws in this game. Terence Steele needs to be benched - he was absolutely brutal out there today, and has been generally lousy this year. I called his performance trash earlier - frankly, Steele's play is an insult to trash.

The defense played well against the run, but didn't make plays in the pass game, and were a no show in the third quarter.

Luke Schoonmaker - oy. Really needs to step up, because the first eight games have not been good.

Michael Gallup - looks like he's fighting the ball every time he tries to catch the ball. The missed catch late in the first half prevented a possible touchdown drive, and resulted in a FG. The Cowboys needed the points.

Tyler Biadasz was also not good today, but Steele was so horrible that it will be overlooked.

The Eagles self-destructed on the last drive, but the Cowboys were not disciplined enough to take advantage - two sacks, a false start and a delay of game. Just terrible. The lack of attention to detail on this team is the reason why they are a cut below, and destined to repeat the previous years.
I will agree with all of this. Just to clarify, Prescott played well today, but that was never my point. The point is, when it was crunch time, he ultimately failed. Yes, there were other culprits, but when you're playing the most important position and making the big bucks, you also take the heat. Not being aware of the sideline on the 2 point convert attempt is a prime example of him not being able to grasp the big moments that determine outcomes of games. Hate to say it, but it was vintage Prescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.