Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Daks not a playmaker. He's a play manager. He had a good game but didn't finish well per his role. He's not a Montana, Staubach or Mahommes and never will be.
Until Jerry unleashes himself and family as GM, this team/organization will never be elite.

noletime95

Reaction score
I may not watch the NFL until the wild card round. This season is TOAST

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I think you confuse wanting him to fail with pointing out his faults because they know he will never be what the Cowboys need to win championships... I've supported Dak for most of his career, I thought he could develop into a top QB but it has become evident to me over the last year and a half that he has reach his peak and will never develop into an elite QB...
I hate that because it means we are at ground zero again with a ton of talented players on the team... but I do live in the real world and facts tend to smack you in the face sooner or later.
I don’t disagree with some of your points. But if you want to talk real world and facts, look at the stats tonight. If we can upgrade at QB, I am all for it.

tcc0808

Reaction score
Who was the official who called PI on Gilmore on the throw away ball?

zeke21

Reaction score
**Image URL broken

So.. for the 'he had to take a sack' and its "all on Steele" crew. If you can stop the tape at 3.1 seconds after the snap (which is more than enough) and 0.4 seconds from when Eagles D makes first contact. There are 3 Cowboys receivers are behind their defenders. Dak can either throw long and 'hope' they run onto it.. or it will go long out of bounds.. either way it is not intentional grounding. There are other frames that show there is no safety help on the left side.. so no danger. Personally I feel that Dak should have released the ball about 0.5 seconds before this.. the moment you see #9 (Turpin) go behind the defender (it is clear from the freeze frame- and we KNOW Turpin is quick). This is why we continually talk about 'throwing receivers open' and it is HUGE weakness of Dak. He needed to release the ball well earlier. He also had Ferguson behind his defender and from the four frames before and after, the route crosses in at the end.. so another chance to 'throw away/maybe get a TD' throw that would be open.

Note that this is his SECOND hitch.. his feet are set. He can make the/a throw at this point.

Instead he pulls the ball down and turns back into the rush and we lose 15 yards and 18 seconds off the clock.

THAT.. that is why Dak will never win a superbowl. Spare me the BS. Dak just missed the throw.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I vote we get rid of the salary cap so we can buy a super bowl. I have no shame.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i will continue to watch other football games but this team is done. this team is mentally weak and will always make the wrong plays to lose games. another one and done if it makes the playoffs.

pitt33

Reaction score
The harsh reality. We will not win a playoff game in SF. We will not win a playoff game in philly in January. Our only path to success requires us winning the NFC. We need the #1 seed. Right now, I don't see it. We gave it our all today. We needed that win more than philly. We gave it everything we had. Hurts was playing on one leg. Goedart was knocked out of the game. Somehow we still came up short. A wildcard victory will be our playoff highlight, if we can even manage that. I'm so sick of being let down. I feel like the worlds biggest sucker. Here we go again. Early season excitement followed by late season disapointment. I'm spent. This may be my last post. Can't do it any more.
I get your frustration.

I used to get really bummed about the oh-so-close losses.

Just realize this team is far from a championship caliber team. Those teams don’t lose to the worst team in the league and then get steam rolled by a legit contender.

This team lacks physical and mental toughness. Both lines aren’t physical enough and the quarterback lacks mental toughness in critical thinking situations.

I know it’s tough but there’s not a damn thing one can do to change it.

I hope this team gets over the hump in the future…for the fans who haven’t had that luxury.

This current makeup from top to bottom is not of champion pedigree.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I don't know if it was because it was a divisional game or not, but I felt the Cowboys looked pretty good against the current best team in the NFL. We looked much better today than we did when the 49ers were considered the best team. Dak looked good minus the critical drive and a bit at the beginning of the game. I think calling the season Toast is a bit of a over reaction.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I get your frustration.

I used to get really bummed about the oh-so-close losses.

Just realize this team is far from a championship caliber team. Those teams don’t lose to the worst team in the league and then get steam rolled by a legit contender.

This team lacks physical and mental toughness. Both lines aren’t physical enough and the quarterback lacks mental toughness in critical thinking situations.

I know it’s tough but there’s not a damn thing one can do to change it.

I hope this team gets over the hump in the future…for the fans who haven’t had that luxury.

This current makeup from top to bottom is not of champion pedigree.
I blame the Culture and lack of leadership of the team. Who misses Irvin getting pissed by the lack of effort of the team, and him and other players telling their team mates to get their sht together?

jsb357

Reaction score
This team lacks physical and mental toughness. Both lines aren’t physical enough and the quarterback lacks mental toughness in critical thinking situations
for a long long time now.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Every week, Steele is getting his butt handed to him. Dude was a major liability on the edge all game.

Steele definitely had his butt handed to him. philthy had his number tonight. That played a part in the loss tonight.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Why is Big Mike going empty on first and goal from the 11 when Steele was having protection issues all game?

You have to make sure Dak has time to throw that ball out of the back of the endzone.

He didn't even have time to set his feet and the defense was on him.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That’s such a bad call. Gilmore was in better position than Brown AND is looking back at the ball the entire time. He’s entitled to his position as much as Brown there.There’s no way that is the correct penalty call.

pitt33

Reaction score
I blame the Culture and lack of leadership of the team. Who misses Irvin getting pissed by the lack of effort of the team, and him and other players telling their team mates to get their sht together?
Would be great but I don’t see that happening on any sideline nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.