Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Post Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
This defense gave up 28. And I do agree he can't pull us through in the end, this team is just broken. We need a new philosophy and a new QB. IF we were aggressive, we'd trade Dak for a 1st. There is some idiot team out there that would do it.
The Cowboys Owner/GM has no intention of getting rid of Prescott.

Motorola

Reaction score
Anyone know where Win Probability is plotted for games?
I remember seeing that before, but can't remember where.

I would think 1st down at the 6 we were > 50%.
Pull up ESPN's summary of the game, then click on 'Gamecast'.
Scroll down to the Win Probability chart.

Reaction score
I thought Dallas played well especially Dak who bar the 2 point conversion was pretty faultless.
I thought we were very unlucky got little help from the officials all night from their first drive when they spotted the ball at 4th 1 when it should been 4th 3 right down to the fact schoonmakers knee was on the floor when he caught the ball because the defender talckled him before the ball got there which was going on all game, I probably counted at least 5 or 6 times we could of got PI and the one that was called on gilmour was embarrassing.
Add to that we forced 3 fumbles and somehow they get the luck of the bounce on all three not sure I’ve ever seen a team fumble the ball 3 times and recover it every time.
Yes we made some crucial mistakes which ultimately cost us the game, schoonmaker which led to the field goal with the hold even though Philly were doing it all game, Dak stepping out of bounds, Aubrey putting them on the 40 yard line when we’d just taken the lead and the delay of game at the end. On another day that could have been a blowout for the cowboys as they were the better team a couple of those fumbles and decisions go the other way and we could have been out of sight.
I think if the team play like that for the rest of the season we’ll beat most teams.
But until Dak gets us over the line against a top team even if it wasn’t down to him last night most teams won’t get you to a superbowl. He desperately needs to get that monkey off his back for us to go all the way

Reaction score
Well, I'm out for the season unless we miraculously end up in the superbowl or deep in the playoffs.

I don't really want to punish myself watching anymore clownshow with utterly atrocious officiating and a complacent FO. The only thing this team does consistently is embarrass fans.
Take a deep breath. The NFC is wide-open now with SF regressing. When we destroy the Giants next week you’ll be back on this site.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very, very, very rare that NFL head coaches are penalized for berating officials during a game. I can't recall the last time it happened.
(MLB - umpires can eject the manager; NBA - officials can issue technicals and eject head coaches.)
Hey, if Garrett got flagged for it, this toolbag should be!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Seemed like the defense wasn't hitting and tackling very well. I expected more from the defense on ball carriers etc. Guys like Wilson, Bell and Bland were kind of quiet.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Well that's one possibility, but 8 eagle defenders were in the endzone, and CD was open at the 3. Dak opted for the open receiver at the 3.
Now if you want to pretend that throwing into that maze of defenders was the best thing to do, well OK, that's up to you. Personally I suspect that getting the ball into your receiver's hands at the 3 so he can try to score is just as likely to succeed as throwing into a maze of 8 defenders and hoping for the right bounce in the fight for the ball.
I think the theory was that if everyone else carried defenders to back of endzone, maybe Lamb crossing at the 3 can find a crease or beat one man into the endzone. Not a bad gamble, but it just didn’t work.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He's totally being under-utilized.
Maybe, but is he getting open on time. Looks like Dak will throw to anyone. He targeted Gallup and Tolbert multiple times. I feel certain he would throw to Cooks if he was getting open. The only question I have is if he’s struggling to get open or if he’s running routes to get other guys open.

Cowboyluck

Reaction score
I blame the last sack on the coaches. Steele had a horrible game and you call a play with an empty backfield. Keep the back in to at least chip block.

Trajan

Reaction score
I know it is the morning after a loss, but this game gives me more confidence in this team, not less.

The Eagles are one of the best teams in the league. We played them tough, and a couple bounces here or there, and poor calls by the refs we could have won this.

I’m not a Dak fan, but he is playing very well. If this team cleans its play up just a little, this was a win.

Now, can the team clean it up, and make a run, who knows, but I’m glad this wasn’t a blow out as the 49ers game was.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Yup....boggles the mind you can't get 6 yards against that defense.
McCarthy obviously doesn't know how to chip an end...nor buy the QB some time.
The hot route or end around concept is not used at all , sigh

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I know it is the morning after a loss, but this game gives me more confidence in this team, not less.

The Eagles are one of the best teams in the league. We played them tough, and a couple bounces here or there, and poor calls by the refs we could have won this.

I’m not a Dak fan, but he is playing very well. If this team cleans its play up just a little, this was a win.

Now, can the team clean it up, and make a run, who knows, but I’m glad this wasn’t a blow out as the 49ers game was.
I know it’s uncomfortable to consider, but what if the Eagles are not “one of the best teams in the league”? What if they’re just a competitive team? They don’t look as good as Baltimore, Cincinnati or Kansas City right now. If the Eagles are not one of the best teams in the league guess who else isn’t.

Trajan

Reaction score
I know it’s uncomfortable to consider, but what if the Eagles are not “one of the best teams in the league”? What if they’re just a competitive team? They don’t look as good as Baltimore, Cincinnati or Kansas City right now. If the Eagles are not one of the best teams in the league guess who else isn’t.
Then we have bigger problems. We should know in the next few weeks as the Eagles face some really good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.