Game Day ***Cowboys vs Eagles Pre-Game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s not the same, Dak won the job during his rookie season and never relinquished it. Stop diverting and answer the questions. Do you consider Taylor Heinicke a legitimate starting NFL QB and if you were a Washington fan would you want him as your starting QB next season? If you don’t care to answer the questions move on. This is just a waste of time.

Dak got the job because Romo got hurt and then when Romo got healthy, he kept it because of the team not wanting to make a change because of how Dak was playing.

We can't say the same would have happened in Washington, but the first time we played them, they were coming off a four-game winning streak in which Heinecke had completed more than 70 percent of his passes in each game. I don't think Washington would have reinserted Fitzpatrick before the game if he had gotten healthy during that streak. He might have been inserted during that game, though, with how bad Heinecke was struggling.

However, I think the comparison is fair up to that point. Both took over for injured starters and both had done things to establish themselves in that role, even if Romo eventually came back while Fitzpatrick did not. Up until the first game against us, I think Washington was feeling pretty good about Heinecke possibly being the future for the team. After the last few games, I would think they no longer see it that way.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
It will be interesting takes on all of this depending win or loss, as the narrative from the dislikers…

Win….it will be because of all the players Philly is missing, but our missing players don’t count in that narrative.
Lose….it will be how bad we suck, Philly missing all those players, as our missing players don’t count in the narrative.

for the likers
Win….we beat them with missing players, but their missing players did not matter.
Lose….we were missing more key players than they were….

:laugh:

:hammer:........I'm done hearing that. We are better than that......it's time we start putting it together....cleaning up the details.....You just don't clean things up in the playoffs....it starts now.:dance:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Saturday games feel weird. Go Cowboys!
Pre 2003 they didn't have Saturday night regular season games which is why it feels weird.

From 1978 to 2002 the final game of the season was actually an ABC Monday night game.

NFL got rid of final week Monday games but to make up for the loss of a game they started allowing ABC/ESPN to have a few Saturday night regular season games instead.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prescott looks scared. Like the moment's too big for him.

He is putting on an act. Wait until he hits the field. He won’t have that look. As it turns into fear. :lmao:Fear his OL won’t give him protection. :muttley:

Status
Not open for further replies.