Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

weaver21

Reaction score
Just admit you want Dak to fail. Admit you have an emotional attachment to Romo...team be damned. Admit you place Romo and your agenda above the team's success. You root for Dak to fail to advance your agenda. Am I right?

Back off, man. I'm a freakin' Cowboys fan above everything else and I want the team to win. I want the best quarterback out there and I believe that's Romo. Don't accuse me of having a personal agenda because I don't. That's my damn opinion and I'm allowed to have that. Don't accuse me of stuff that you don't have evidence of.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
This is the problem when you have a quarterback who is not particularly great at throwing a football. Even Garrett said, there were "tight throws" to be made, but we didn't make them. Dak just won't pull the trigger. He's holding the ball waiting for Beasley or Witten to be wide open like they were in the first half of the season... but it ain't happening lately.
To Dak's credit he wasn't really good at Minnesota, but his conservatism paid off since Minnesota blinked first with the special teams fumble. That's what made the second interception so baffling. Dak strangely broke from the dink and dunk game plan while the game was still close. Totally went against his nature.

Cowboys 2-23 on third down the last two games...

khiladi

Reaction score
He already had 11 seasons of it. 2 playoff victories and thats it.

Dak had this OL and Zeke running close to 90 yards in the first half. And Garrett wasn't his OC..

Dak with what Romo had during this years, this performance you'd be seeing a lot more of over the course of a season..

Dak probably wouldn't last more than 3 years with such awful coaching and surrounding personnel.. Felix Jones as his RB.. Jason Garrett totally inept ar devising running games..

popp1234

Reaction score
Back off, man. I'm a freakin' Cowboys fan above everything else and I want the team to win. I want the best quarterback out there and I believe that's Romo. Don't accuse me of having a personal agenda because I don't. That's my damn opinion and I'm allowed to have that. Don't accuse me of stuff that you don't have evidence of.

You admitted in one of your previous post that you had an emotional attachment to Romo. I just put two and two together (your previous comments and your premature reaction here tonight) and formed MY opinion. Of course, that's just my "damn opinion".

However, anyone could see reactions such as yours coming from a mile away. You were just waiting for the chance to pounce. Lol

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The team isn't going to (nor should they) start Romo next week. Anyone who believes the team was under the impression that Dak would never have a bad game or two when the decision to bench Romo was made is delusional. It would be a panic move and it runs the risk of having players resent the decision. What room does any coach have telling his player to support each other when he himself bails on a guy at the first sign of trouble?

That said, the team shouldn't have any plans on going to the playoffs hoping their QB will come out of his slump. If Dak continues to struggle they should make the switch. A loss next week and a poor start in week 16 should have Romo in the game. Romo would start the final game of the season and then Dallas would know where they stand. Can't go into the playoffs with a question mark at QB. Either Romo would play better and give the team confidence for the playoff run, or he would fail or succumb to injury and Dallas would still be hoping Dak picks his game up a bit.

weaver21

Reaction score
You admitted in one of your previous post that you had an emotional attachment to Romo. I just put two and two together (your previous comments and your premature reaction here tonight) and formed MY opinion. That my "damn opinion".

Yeah, I do have an emotional attachment to Romo. I'll admit that freely. That doesn't mean I want to Dak to fail so Romo can come in. I just told you, I'm a Cowboys fan before I'm a Romo fan and I want this team to win. I want the best quarterback out there that can help win us football games. I already said who I prefer and if that makes you think I have a personal agenda and I want Dak to fail, then whatever. Believe that if you want.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Dak had this OL and Zeke running close to 90 yards in the first half. And Garrett wasn't his OC..

Dak with what Romo had during this years, this performance you'd be seeing a lot more of over the course of a season..

Dak probably wouldn't last more than 3 years with such awful coaching and surrounding personnel.. Felix Jones as his RB.. Jason Garrett totally inept ar devising running games..

Ok he had a sound roster. If Room wanted to check out of runnings plays all the time that was his business then.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
So Romo would \have eluded the Giants pass rush all game? lol. Get real. Romo would have been sacked more than Dak.

I don't think you bail on Dak now. Hang with him and hope he works through this unless and until it becomes becomes obvious he cannot.

But I will say that Romo CAN beat a blitz. And the only way QBs put an end to constant blitzing is constant burning of said blitz. It can't always be done - even Tom Brady has been reduced to looking pedestrian by effective pressure (hello, NY Giants). But more times than not, the better QBs find a way to beat insanity-level blitzing.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Never with this line, come on. Romo had wlays bad lines until '14

Huh???? You guys will say anything to validate your arguments. I'm done. I'm not spending my night replying to this stupid logic of Romo never had help.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So. This team started 11-1. We go 11-2, and you want Dak benched.

A lot of people wanted Romo to take back his job when he was healthy. Dak never WON the job. It was handed to him by an injury. To his credit he did a better than could have been anticipated job. But teams are figuring out how to play him.

During training camp, there was never ANY talk that Dak was actually in a competition with Romo. Romo was clearly the best QB on this team the day he got hurt.