Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

bjfrancez

Reaction score
So if Romo loses a game, then we put Dak right back in right?
That's the problem. If you make the switch you don't go back. I think this team would be better off with Romo, however, I don't believe that will happen unless Dak gets hurt.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Penalties really didn't play much of a factor. While special teams weren't stellar, they weren't terrible. They didn't cost any points. The offense was clearly the problem. The OL didn't play poorly. They opened holes and Dak had time. Dak's mechanics were horrible. Not setting feet. Throwing across his body. Holding the ball way too long. Not sure if the receivers were getting open or not, but Dak just was not making quick decisions at all. Playcalling was not great, probably one of the poorer efforts by Linehan.

superonyx

Reaction score
I didn't say they were. The vikings are a topped rank defense.
Please tell me what Romo is going to do having finished maybe 2 games in 2 years.
Well I clearly said Dak has looked bad against the Eagles, Giants, Vikings, and Giants. All defenses that played us with a similar scheme. You don't get to say what you say and then pretend you were only speaking about 1 of the 4 games I mentioned.

You want to argue Romo vs Dak. I am not blaming Dak alone. I'm blaming the offense scheme that year after year has struggled against aggressive defenses. I've seen this game play out with Romo also.
I can't say it would have ended differently.

popp1234

Reaction score
That's the problem. If you make the switch you don't go back. I think this team would be better off with Romo, however, I don't believe that will happen unless Dak gets hurt.

This mere talk of a switch is total nonsense! This crap is just food for the despicable media.

weaver21

Reaction score
I did. I read you want Dak benched .

I want the best quarterback out there that can help us win. I believe that's Romo and you believe that's Dak. That's fine, it's your opinion and I'm not going to bash you for that. We'll agree to disagree.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It's obvious we aren't anywhere near the best pass blocking OL in the game. Dak had NO protection the entire game. Pathetic. Zeke had NO holes in the 2nd half. He was shut down.

You watched a different game than I did. I didn't see much pressure at all. I saw a quarterback that was really slow in making decisions tonight.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Linny had a horrible gameplan, and JG played conservative. Should have gone for it on 4th and 2 earlier. Linny should have thrown a trick play in to get the O going. We are so hardheaded when it come to the short passing game!!!!

He also should have gotten Dak in hurry up a few times to get him going.

Well, I remember Garrett going for it on 4TH-and-short on the Dallas side of the field in the 1ST half. THAT didn't seem like a 'conservative' call to me. If anything, I think they weren't conservative enough in the play-calling.

Cripes, Zeke had about 85 yards in the first half - yet they seemed to eschew that early ground success in favor of forcing a passing game to a rookie QB who was clearly off his game tonight.

loublue22

Reaction score
we also almost certainly lose last week as well without that fumbled punt

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Dak has to learn from this poor performance.

Hanging on to ball too long and not feeling the rush are two aspects of his game that need addressing asap.

We need to see even more Zeke including in space to handle the blitz pressure.

Ball security has been an issue and it needs to be addressed regardless of the guilty party.

11-2 with a rookie QB I will take but this loss if nothing else should magnify some glaring issues that need to be addressed immediately as the pressure and level of competition become more difficult.

Really a squandered opportunity to win the division and set the table for the playoffs!

khiladi

Reaction score
The Vikings were struggling like crazy.. the last 5 out of 6 games before us they gave up over 20 points. Our numbers were amongst the worst during their stretch of bad play as far as offensive performance goes and we are supposedly the power house on offense..

We are clearly struggling..

popp1234

Reaction score
I want the best quarterback out there that can help us win. I believe that's Romo and you believe that's Dak. That's fine, it's your opinion and I'm not going to bash you for that. We'll agree to disagree.

Just admit you want Dak to fail. Admit you have an emotional attachment to Romo...team be damned. Admit you place Romo and your agenda above the team's success. You root for Dak to fail to advance your agenda. Am I right?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
For everyone complaining about Dak. He came into the game at 11-1. He had 19/2 TD/Int ratio. His rating was like 114. We played a top D in Minny last week and he was 12-18 for 66.7% , 1 TD and no turnovers and somehow a win snd those stats, while not gaudy means he sucked. Did he design 18 passes? We had one horrible week as a team. As I said before if you expected 11-2 at this point and 13 perfect QB games then you never watched football and are a massive liar. I love Romo but what experience does a decade and 2 playoff wins give you when you haven't played in 2 yrs?